At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
The Manager Regulatory Affairs will be an integral senior member of the External Affairs team and is responsible to position the Company’s position and advocacies to all levels of Government as PMI continues to amplify its transformation as a company committed to a smoke-free future.
Your “day to day”
• Stakeholders Engagement
o Stakeholder engagement across but not limited to government divisions, regulatory agencies, industry associations, consumer groups to build proactive relationship and advocacy.
o Strategize and prepare position papers, stakeholders’ messaging, direct engagement, as well as representing the Company in multi-channel approaches including events, forums and media.
o Establish partnerships with industry associations and third parties.
o Actively lead and drive the deployment of projects relating to policies and regulations while advocating the right regulatory environment for the Company.
• Regulatory and fiscal environment
o To monitor the political, socio-economic, technological, environmental, regulatory and fiscal environment.
o Work with Director External Affairs and various stakeholders to analyze and present solutions to management.
• Regulatory Compliance
o To liaise with relevant representatives to ensure compliance and submission in-line with tobacco regulations.
o Proactively ensure and provide advisory insights on operational activities to comply with the Company policies, regulations, good governance and ethical practices.
Essential Skills and competencies:
• At least 8 years of regulatory and government affairs experience required with strong knowledge and experience on the formal and informal workings of the Malaysian political system, at all levels including stakeholders’ connections and factions.
• At least 5 years’ experience in Finance, planning or fiscal strategy.
• Proven understanding of excise tax and customs structure; financial statements and business planning.
• Proven experience in developing and executing well-informed and detailed public policy and advocacy plan.
• Demonstrates the ability to work sensitively, and effectively, within and across diverse teams.
• Demonstrates authentic ambition, sense of urgency, agility and tenacity and a genuine commitment to the key priorities of the company.
• Be an entrepreneurial self-starter who comes up with new approaches and is eager to try those out.
• Demonstrates strong communication skills (both Bahasa Malaysia and English), engagement and business partnering skills.
• Holds a Degree in Finance, Law, Political Science, and Management or equivalent. MBA preferred.