At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide. With huge change, comes huge opportunity.
Do you look for ways to learn and grow in an international environment? Do you want to build a remarkable career? Are you up for a 6-month challenge starting as of September 2020? Then apply now, we need you!
You will join the Testing Engineering Team In Philip Morris International in Neuchâtel on an exciting journey through the implementation of robotic applications in testing environment. You will be trained to support the development of physical testing applications based on the use of the collaborative robot UR5e (Universal Robot 5e) and Dobot Magician.
Who we’re looking for :
• Currently studying for an Engineering degree in mechanics, mechatronics, automation, electronics or informatics
• Passionate about technology and innovation
• Excellent team player who can also work independently
• Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills, able to learn on the fly
• Able to communicate clearly in English, both written and spoken
• Basic knowledge of robot programming languages: C++, Python, C#, ROS
• Basic knowledge of controls theory
• Basic knowledge of forward kinematics
• Knowledge of CAD modelling is a plus
As an intern, we count on you to achieve these following tasks:
• Develop physical testing applications for collaborative robot
• Explore technological solution for lab automation for specific needs
• Work with cross-functional teams and provide technical recommendation
• Document learnings and best practices
• Help to sustain lab processes, performance and quality with technology
What we offer
Be a part of a revolutionary change. Although our tobacco brands have been world famous since the 1900s, we now have a bold new vision: to make cigarettes history and create products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
As you take your first steps, you’ll have the backing and brainpower of a multinational business behind you, but with the freedom you’d normally find in a start-up. It’s the perfect start to your career.
Join PMI and you too can take pride in delivering our promise to society. Find out more about this exciting opportunity – visit www.pmi.com today.
We are committed to equal pay by being an equal-salary certified employer globally.
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.