The Manager, Security & Market Safety manages the Security & Market Safety organization across PM Brazil, reporting directly to the global Senior Manager, Security & Market Safety Latin America & Canada.
The Manager is responsible for the delivery of Security & Market Safety objectives, goals, and strategies across the affiliate, with functional scope inclusive of:
• Physical security;
• Security risk assessment, auditing, and quality assurance;
• Supply chain and logistics security;
• Incident/emergency response and crisis management;
• Travel risk management;
• Occupational health and safety (for non-manufacturing envionments), including PMI’s Fleet Safety Program.
The Manager, Security & Market Safety accountabilities include:
• Manage Security & Market Safety activities within the affiliate and act as the key contact and counselor to affiliate leadership for Security & Market Safety issues and/or initiatives. Deliver/sustain performance in line with PMI Security & Market Safety programs. Set objectives and devise country-level strategies, plans, initiatives, communications and trainings to ensure that PMI’s people, business and assets are safe and secure.
Program Management and Delivery
• Lead the loss prevention program and implement mitigation strategies against internal and external loss events; perform security-related investigations and design risk reduction programs and countermeasures.
• Prepare the business for special situation management; manage & advise our internal and external customers when a special situation arises. Ensure that contingency plans and emergency response procedures are fully implemented, communicated and trained.
• Perform assessments/reviews at affiliate level and ensure that non-conformities are identified and addressed. Ensure quality and timeliness of Security & Market Safety-related incident and event reporting.
• Oversee implementation of PMI market and fleet safety strategies and best practices. Implement a local fleet safety program based on Company's Fleet Safety standard and continuously seek for improvements in order to protect people from injury and fleet damages.
• Ensure correct reporting of incidents/metrics and KPIs; maintain quality control/oversight of root cause analyses and security- or safety-related investigations; review and approve corrective action measures and track/validate implementation. Track and escalate trends.
Business Alignment & Visibility
• Evaluate emerging business and operational models for potential Security & Market Safety risk exposure and gaps; highlight risks/exposures with all stakeholders, including affiliate management. Identify and solve Security & Market Safety issues of county-level relevance.
• Maintain situational awareness of the country environment, including external and internal risk exposure and incidents trends, to inform business decision-making processes. Maintain regular liaison with affiliate management, other stakeholders, and functional peers to align Security & Market Safety strategies and service levels with company strategy and objectives.
• Ensure direct reports maintain engagement with all employees up to senior leadership team to create ownership for Security & Market Safety programs.
• Maintain external liaison with industry groups, peer companies, and law enforcement agencies.
• Cascade corporate objectives and set personal objectives. Coach, guide, and mentor direct reports and ensure team members have the right skills and training to perform their job(s). Onboard new hires. Provide input for talent reviews and succession planning.
Awareness & Training Advocacy
• Plan, organize and deliver security, market safety and fleet safety training programs as per PMI and local regulatory requirements to all local staff, in order to build a robust and sustainable Security & Market Safety culture within the market/affiliate. Ensure relevant communication is established with employees at regular functional meetings, including security/safety briefs, alerts, instructions and refreshers. Introduce and keep up-to-date training records as per PMI requirements and applicable OHS and Fleet Safety legislation. Organize and deliver bespoke training (defensive driving, etc.) to ensure that Company's drivers are equipped with the necessary skills and competencies.
Manage Third Parties
• Select, appoint and manage local third party service providers in conjunction with procurement and Senior Manager, Security & Market Safety. Ensure third party service provider's performance consistently meet all PMI requirements and standards, by developing a comprehensive KPI measurement and monitoring system, regular performance review, and effective reward/penalty mechanism, while at the same time maintaining effective coordination.
Regional & Global Collaboration
• Facilitate sharing of best practices across affiliates and markets. Contribute to regional strategic initiatives.
- Previous experience in a multinational company, preferably with exposure to manufacturing or supply chain
- Experience conducting security risk assessments and security audits
- Regional/area knowledge, i.e. general awareness of political, security, and operational landscape in Latin America
- Familiarity with supply chain security standards (i.e. TAPA, C-TPAT) and auditing
- Knowledge of travel security best practices; experience working with external partners/providers such as International SOS a plus
- Fluent in Portuguese; full professional proficiency in English. Spanish a plus but not required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
High level of personal and professional integrity; leads by example
- Existing network of security contacts in some/all countries in region (i.e. law enforcement community, diplomatic missions, peer companies, service providers)
- Comfort around senior management; strong interpersonal skills and ability to convince
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a complex organizational set-up
- Availability to TravelUp to 40% domestic travel; occasional international travel