Manager Category Insights -Melbourne (18 month fixed term contract)
Manager Category Insights– Melbourne (18 month fixed term contract)
Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Consumer Insights at PMI feels like building a new business – but with the accumulated expertise of a global brand behind you. Bring us your curiosity and capacity to engage people and you can be part of the team that’s driving our huge commercial transformation.
If you’re a forward-thinker with strong analytical skills, you can make a huge impact, contributing to portfolio and sales strategies for the market. But, here, your innovation will do more than just improve sales. You’re not persuading someone to change a savings account or try a new drinks brand. You’re potentially changing the lives of a billion smokers by helping them switch to a better alternative to smoking.
Your ‘day to day’
In this role you will be at the forefront of driving consumer centricity in the business. You will be a business partner to internal stakeholders (Portfolio, Commercial, Pricing, Planning etc.) through generating relevant, timely and actionable consumer, category and retailer insights which drive strategic decision-making and identify opportunities for the business. You will manage research projects from conception to implementation and reporting, while maintaining the relationship with external research partners/ agencies to ensure compliance with business requirements, cost, timelines and quality of deliverables. You will also be performing in-depth analyses, transforming data from different sources into holistic insights and recommendations for the business.
Who we’re looking for
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Market Research, with relevant Insights experience on Research Agency side and Client side (Consumer Goods company).
• Tertiary Qualifications in Marketing / business / psychology / statistics including quantitative modules, Mathematics or Econometrics
• Significant experience in research project management, working with data, quantitative and qualitative methods and technical know-hows, analysis and report writing.
• Candidates must legally be able to work in Australia.
• MS Office applications – particularly Excel & PowerPoint (expert levels)
• Preferred SPSS - preferred SAP - preferred Temple - preferred Quantium Checkout
• Adaptable, flexible, quick learner
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate across different levels and teams within the organization
• Good understanding of brand and trade strategy development
• Fully autonomous.
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers
• Inclusion and diversity are part of our DNA at Philip Morris Limited. Our priority is to attract, support and retain individuals – no matter their age, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
• Competitive salary, with potential performance-based bonus upon completion of contract