We’ve built the world’s most successful tobacco company, with the world’s most popular and iconic brands. Now we’ve made a dramatic decision. We’re building PMI’s future on smoke-free products. We have developed a range of completely new, innovative product platforms. Our dream is to convert every adult smoker that would otherwise continue to smoke, to these smoke-free platforms. To help us achieve our dream, we need your help.
In Slovakia we are currently looking for a Strategic Communications Manager.
In this role, your mission will be to design and implement the media relations & strategic communications plan for the Slovak market. You will manage and develop PMI’s key media relationships and together with your contacts across the entire media landscape—while serving as their primary point of contact—you will be creating, developing and managing impactful joint projects in the public domain.
Internally, you will be working closely with your colleagues from the External Affairs team, developing and executing an integrated communications plan and hence providing them with an effective support to further broaden the acceptance of our science-based reduced risk product portfolio while promoting our overall global smoke-free vision amongst the policy makers and science elites in Slovakia. Simultaneously, you will also play a key role in the area of Strategic Partnerships in helping to identify & develop and in promoting various projects and alliances further extending a portfolio of environments enabling the use of our reduced-risk products.
YOUR ROLE WILL BE TO
• Develop and execute media relations & strategic communications plan aligned to PMI’s global and national-level business and communications objectives
• Create and tell differentiated stories about the company based on various types of our communication objects (business/policy/science/corporate) while leveraging traditional and new forms of media
• Provide your colleagues responsible for the dossiers of External Affairs and Strategic Partnerships with a robust communication support including design and execution of various one-to-many outreach programs and initiatives
• Apply your strong relationship-building skills to further develop your existing broad range of connections across various Slovak media and publishing houses
• Working together with your media contacts, identify and tap into partnership opportunities that can help to broaden and deepen an understanding of our reduced-risk product portfolio as well as the robust science behind it
• Develop and maintain updated key media contact list and prepare media pitches based on PMI's key themes.
• Help manage crisis and issues to mitigate the impact on the reputation of the company.
• Identify speaking opportunities for PMI’s global, regional and local leaders.
• Measure and report the effectiveness of media relations programs.
YOU SHOULD HAVE/BE/KNOW:
• Possess a strong existing personal network across the Slovak media market alongside with outstanding relationship-building skills
• Understand and have an ability to connect PMI’s business, policy, science and corporate communications objectives on one side with themes that are relevant to the media, scientific & government elites or the Slovak public in general
• Able to invent or explore & evaluate as well as successfully deliver against new media and strategic partnership opportunities
• Proven experience developing successful media outreach programs.
• Know how to balance tactical vs. strategic and can develop long-term impact projects while ensuring a diligent follow-up on any short-term tasks.
• Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Public or Corporate affairs.
• Ability and track record in crafting media partnerships with demonstrated leadership in driving them to tangible success.
• Strong ability to ‘translate’ the company’s key communications themes in order to be relevant to and understood by the Slovak media and ultimately by the general public
• Effectiveness while working under stress and ability to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
• Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
• Energetic, self-starter with strong work ethic and excellent track record of success.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (fluent level both Slovak and English).
Legal minimum gross salary for this position set at 3500€ / month (the actual salary depends on the seniority level)
What we offer
• 13th & 14th salary
• Extra days off
• Flexible working time
• Supplementary pension plan (III. pillar)
• Life & accident insurance
• Opportunities for career development & growth
• Work for a multinational company - certified Equal Salary & TopEmployer