IT at PMI
PMI’s journey to a smoke-free future is fueled by technology.
The transformation we’re going through means that there are unique IT projects here to match all levels of skills and ambitions – from pace-setting global pilot projects to vital local updates. Whether you want to pursue a personal passion or build an international career, there’s space here to develop in any number of directions.
To join us, you’ll need to be self-motivated and equally happy whether you’re taking the strategic view or diving deep into processes. You’ll find our budgets are as big as our business needs, our culture is agile and collaborative, and our people are some of the best you’ll ever work with.
Your ‘day to day’
As an IT Team Lead Consumer, you will be responsible for the delivery, maintenance and enhancement of our consumer/commercial systems (consumer engagement and retailer engagement solutions) using service and project management. Utilizing the correct governance and serving as intermediary with global PMI IT teams, to help Philip Morris Vietnam achieve their business objectives.
• Understand the capabilities within the global IT consumer/commercial portfolio and provide the daily IT support, advice and consultation to customers in the Vietnam market.
• Engage with customers to collect business requirements, analyze feedback and propose optimal IT solutions according to the market needs.
• Supervise the deliverables of IT consultants and contractors. Ensure the service delivery and stability/consistency of all commercial systems and excellent customer experience is maintained.
• Perform feasibility study, prepare business case, and conduct project planning/scoping and financial analysis for new demands emerging in the market.
• Drive communication and co-ordination with global IT teams; provide status reports and other IT-related information to project stakeholders and management team on a regular basis.
• Apply project management, change management, service management practices. Allocate and manage resources and vendors for assigned projects.
• Monitor and measure results and ensure the on-time delivery and quality of all IT deliverables.
• Drive changes, resolve project-related issues by analyzing, identifying and facilitating the emergence of solutions leading to optimal resolution.
• Ensure measures are taken in projects to increase quality and mitigate risks, manage scope change and expectations, including risk analyses, impact assessment, needs assessment, financial analysis, requirements signoff, test planning and execution, contingency and deployment plans.
Who we’re looking for
• Strong communication and presentation skills: fluency in both written and spoken English and Vietnamese is a must. Experience in coordinating diverse teams in a multinational environment.
• University degree in an IT-related disciplines such as Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science or Business Analytics.
• At least 5 years of experience in an IT business analyst, IT project manager or IT business partner role. Cross-functional working experience (e.g. in Commercial, Marketing, or Business Development) is a plus.
• Excellent stakeholder management and vendor management skills.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical/critical thinking skills.
• Extensive knowledge in Order to Cash business processes (B2B, B2C, and B2B2C) and able to discuss business requirements with teams outside of IT and ability to develop and articulate technical concepts for general-purpose use.
• Broad experience in handling complex projects over extended periods. Ability to manage and deliver projects/services through IT managed-services vendors.
• Extensive experience and direct involvement in large-scale implementation or deployment projects of the following systems: CRM (consumer/retailer engagement), E-Commerce websites, Salesforce Automation/Distribution or Retail-POS solutions.
• Experience in data analytics and business intelligence is a plus.
• Experience in omnichannel design and system integration (with payment gateway, logistics service providers) is a plus.
• Sound understanding of current and future Technology and Digital capabilities.
• Thorough understanding of IT Project/Service management frameworks (PMP, Agile/Scrum, ITIL) and tools (Atlassian Suite, ServiceNow).
• Familiar with concepts of IT controls framework (COBIT), information security and data privacy.
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to shape your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of millions of smokers.