Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
It’s so rare in R&D that everything aligns to create the ideal conditions for outstanding work. Right now, at PMI, that’s exactly what’s happening. R&D is the driving force for our bold new vision: to replace cigarettes with a revolutionary portfolio of alternative products.
Join us and you’ll have the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest scientists in their fields, with fast access to subject experts and commercial decision-makers.
If you’re creative, courageous and ready to take risks, you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions. Ultimately, by delivering our smoke-free future, your work could change the lives of a billion smokers.
Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? We’re now laying the foundation to make our smoke-free vision a reality and we’re looking to recruit a Technical Industrialization Leader. You will be employed in Hong Kong under Philip Morris Asia Limited (PMAL). PMAL operates as a subsidiary of Philip Morris International, Inc.
We are seeking for a talented individual responsible for NPI manufacturing process development as well as sustaining programs, ensuring solutions are ready for high volume production, an experienced engineer for driving all technical and operational issues related to Manufacturing processes, assembly, Test and Automation to ensure effective closure of all issues to enable success of the entire new product introduction cycle and into the mass production phase. This is a great opportunity in Hong Kong to contribute to building world-class manufacturing capabilities for the global technology leader in Tobacco Reduced Risk Products.
• Responsible for a product line and will work with multi-functional NPI teams, R&D, suppliers and contract manufacturers for technical readiness for the product line
• Understand technical aspects of our product (technical roadmap, product capabilities), our supply chain (piece part suppliers and EMS) synthesize feedback from manufacturing partners and drive recommendations to the Product and Engineering teams.
• As a technical leader to coordinate the yield improvement activities with multi-functional teams and suppliers, drive failure analysis, corrective action implementation plan from engineering build to end of production and apply the learning to the next generation product
• Identity technical challenges, review the new products, new process design and specification to ensure scalability.
• Take ownership of process development and equipment designs - including requirements collecting, concepts generation and detailed design, analysis and verification testing, multi-functional reviews, and production release
• Supervise supplier and EMS' yield performance, process critical to quality (CTQ) and take timely actions for quality issues.
• Guide R&D and EMS team to development and implementation of new technologies to enhance production quality, capacity and efficiency
We are looking for:
• A university degree in Engineering of Mechanical/ Industrial or equivalent is required.
• Solid relevant work experience as a Technical Program Manager or similar position, working with engineering teams to deliver advance manufacturing solution for high volume manufacturing in consumer electronic products
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple concurrent priorities
• Consistent record of leading a multi-functional team in order to achieve new product objectives inclusive of quality, yield, and cost
• To be successful in the role, you will need to display excellent interpersonal skills and fluency in English. Chinese speaking and writing skill is a huge plus
• Act as lead engineer on a variety of projects and participates in the project planning of major sub-projects.
• Ability to travel globally (~30%)
Displaying the following traits would be an advantage:
• Creative individual, able to work independently whilst being a core team member
• Experimental approach mindset, oriented to quality of results with technical decisions tackled the basis of objective data
• Able to challenge peers and direct management
Why work for us?
• We are international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
• We are flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible work Arrangement Program;
• We are a certified top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
Join a global market leader
Philip Morris International: Delivering a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI’s smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heat-not-burn and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of 2019 year end, PMI estimates that approximately 9.7 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heat-not-burn product, available for sale in 52 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, please visit www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer