Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
It’s so rare in R&D that everything aligns to create the ideal conditions for outstanding work. Right now, at PMI, that’s exactly what’s happening. R&D is the driving force for our bold new vision: to replace cigarettes with a revolutionary portfolio of alternative products.
Join us and you’ll have the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest scientists in their fields, with fast access to subject experts and commercial decision-makers.
If you’re creative, courageous and ready to take risks, you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions. Ultimately, by delivering our smoke-free future, your work could change the lives of a billion smokers.
You will be employed in Hong Kong under Philip Morris Asia Limited (PMAL). PMAL operates as a subsidiary of Philip Morris International, Inc. We are looking for a seasoned NPI Project Manager to lead multiple large scope and complexity projects, lead the introduction of new electronic devices from the product industrialization to its mass production. This person will ensure a smooth transition from new product concept to robust and manufacturable products of new devices and will lead ad-hoc scale up of ad-hoc Product and Process Improvement projects at EMSs in Asia.
• Manage the project from concept/ prototype builds through to the launch and production ramp. Coordinate a multicultural, cross functional/ organization/ geographies teams to develop program schedules, track progress against plans, and ensure new products are brought to market on time with optimal quality, performance, cost and volumes.
• Ensure smooth product industrialization and mass production readiness which requires strong project management expertise to synchronize different functions such as Product Development, Procurement, Supply chain, Quality, Engineering, Product Services, EMS Management, Finance as well and external partners such as EMSs and supplier while collaborating with the central functions, typically 20-40 people per project, to guarantee successful project realization.
• Lead scale up of ad-hoc Product and Process Improvement (PPI) projects with support of cross-functional teams.
• Within sophisticated project matrix, identify training needs in collaboration with (internal/external) customers and management team to assure project teams' coordination and performance.
• Lead activities to develop efficient technical/commercial solutions in order to satisfy project requirements and present new creative possibilities. Resolve projects related issues by analyzing, identifying and facilitating recommendations to achieve efficient solutions.
• Participate to the business justification process by leading scope, benefit-risk analysis, budget and resource requirements related to project phases to maintain principles along the life cycle of the assigned project and to assist management in decision making.
We are looking for:
• Degree in Engineering or equivalent plus MBA or equivalent
• 8-10 years in Project Management, NPI experience, Product and Process Improvement in high volume fast paced electronics manufacturing environment.
• Shown technical and commercial competence as an electronic device specialist, knowledgeable in electronic device mass production constraints.
• Shown knowledge in Product development process, Manufacturing Practices, Product Specification & Process Manufacturing Standards, Global Quality System (Procedures, Equipment Standards and Work Instructions), Industrialization and manufacturing processes, Procurement practice and principles.
• Strong risk management and mitigation skills. Strong attention to details
• Strong presentation skills with ability to make the complex simple
• Proficient in spoken and written English and Chinese.
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
To join our growing team….