Who we’re looking for
Someone who can effectively & competently discuss & exchange information on tobacco harm reduction & the results of our scientific studies on Reduced Risk Products (RRP) with relevant stakeholders & peer scientists on RRP-related work to achieve the goal of a smoke-free society.
Your ‘day to day’
You will be responsible for managing high impact scientific engagement strategies & projects specifically for the market. As the Subject Matter Expert, & in collaboration with senior R&D scientists & Corporate Affairs (CA) stakeholders, you will conceive & produce supporting materials & act as key resource for external & internal scientific communications understanding complex scientific concepts across a broad audience.
Your core responsibilities
- Develop country-specific strategies & plans to increase the knowledge and understanding within the scientific and medical community on PMI’s scientific approach and results to help ensure the creation of an optimal environment for RRP commercialization, in collaboration with market, global and regional CA teams
- Develop and maintain customized local scientific messaging and content related to all PMI RRP R&D activities which can be shared with the external scientific community, tobacco control advocates and non-scientific stakeholders (including elected representatives)
- Identify country's tobacco control advocates and key scientific opinion leaders, developing, executing and monitoring engagement plans, & serve as a primary scientific spokesperson for external and media scientific communications
- Identify and/or create scientific networking opportunities, create local plans to capitalize on these opportunities and execute in collaboration with R&D scientists and market CA
- Serve as a primary resource for training of CA and Commercial colleagues on PMI RRP science, providing on-going support to ensure currency of knowledge
- Advise and take part in the recruitment and development of high caliber scientific consultants to support scientific engagement activities, especially across scientific focus area (e.g. systems toxicology, etc).