We are looking for a Manager Government Relations (Regulatory Affairs) with the following details:
As a Manager Government Relations (Regulatory Affairs) at Sampoerna you will involve in develop, coordinate and implement comprehensive regulatory strategies that drive stability, predictability and business growth while limiting exposure to potential business risks through adverse regulatory proposals and initiatives.
This includes coordinating with other member of the External Affairs function to monitor and manage the relative and ongoing related regulations in Indonesia, as well as local/regional regulations.
This position also monitors political environment, anticipate legal and political changes, develop position papers reflecting company’s positions/recommendations on issues relevant to the business environment of the company, and maintain constructive relations with decision makers and opinion leaders.
• In charge of a regulatory team that develop and maintains an early warning system to track, gather and monitor information/issues/trends on legislative initiatives regarding tobacco and other regulatory related to the business to keep management informed and updated.
• Analyzes, interprets and extracts/predicts implications of current and future regulatory issues/legislative developments and provides strategic and tactical regulatory recommendations inclusive of preparing and conveying company’s positions and recommendations to ensure business stability and sustainability.
• Develops and oversees policies and standard operation procedures regarding regulatory strategies; creates working instructions and control systems, provides implementation guidelines and communication materials for internal stakeholders, and leads the implementation of policies and procedures in order to ensure compliance and their implementation within Sampoerna.
• Works with other members of the Department to develop and implement a comprehensive regulatory framework and initiates plans and actions to advocate for such framework. This includes mapping and coordinating with a wide variety of stakeholders, including but not limited to: relevant government ministries, relevant commission (DPR), business and industry associations.
• Work with other External Affairs functions to build a better understanding of regulatory goals and how to implement them at the national, regional and local levels.
• Work with Communications function to disseminate regulatory goals throughout the Sampoerna organization and also to relevant 3rd party stakeholders.
• Manage consultants to ensure the achievement of business and regulatory objectives.
• Oversees the establishment and maintenance of physical and electronic database of relevant regulatory issues, in order to provide reference and benchmarking materials for current and future operation of cigarette industry.
Skills & experiences:
• Minimum 5 years of External Affairs/ Public Affairs related experience. Experience in highly regulated industry or a government/political position and regulatory specifically will be as plus points.
• Ability to view strategically and to work with and provide guidance to business on broad array of Regional/local regulatory and fiscal issues.
• Ability to manage long-term Regulatory objectives while equipping a diverse team to handle immediate issues in a timely and effective manner.
• Ability to effectively deliver key messages and positions to external audiences and engage and build relationships with key stakeholders
FIND A NEW PATH
Our company offers you a fresh perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering new insights. We take on-the-job learning to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your full personal potential. This position will advance your experience with innovative technologies, services, and processes. Backed by a competitive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional setting with clients and team members from all parts of the world.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Sampoerna is one of the leading tobacco companies in Indonesia. We are an affiliate of Phillip Morris International (“PMI”). PMI is the leading international tobacco company, with seven of the world’s top 15 brands, including the number one cigarette brand worldwide. PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, for more information, see www.pmi.com. Sampoerna and its subsidiaries employed approximately 29.600
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status
Are you up to the challenge? What are you waiting for? Apply today!