Philip Morris is leading the transformation of our industry with Reduced Risk Products. The intent is to help every smoker to stop or switch to a less harmful alternative. This is our smoke free future mission. As we transform our industry, so we are transforming our business to be more consumer focused, innovative, forward leaning and agile. Digital is a fundamental foundation for our ambitions, as so many consumers and smokers interact with brands and each other through digital touchpoints. The Digital function is responsible for creating experiences to motivate awareness, consideration, activation and loyalty; as well as the Digital Services required to enable these experiences. This team is helping to establish our modern communications vision, and lead the execution of new projects, capabilities and programs.
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Manager Media Planning & Buying, the Lead of Media Planning & Buying is to collaborate as a team member for strategy alignments, media planning, buying, execution, reporting and analysis. This role is responsible for communicating closely with key internal departments and stakeholders to understand business objective to transform into digital objectives. This includes acquisition, lead generation, and awareness building strategy and planning & buying, which integrated communications and strategies, to drive performce, retargeting, and brand/product/campaign awareness.
- Working closely with Phillip Morris internal departments and stakeholders to understand their views and expectations of the digital advertising unit, as well as their priorities, goals, strategies and workflow. Grasp research and analyse data using specialist industry resources, identifies target audiences and analyse their characteristics, behaviour and media habits, proofreads advertisement content before release, maintains detailed records and evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns to inform future ones. Work with internal teams on outlining/defining prioritization and go to market schedule.
- Responsible for ideate and brainstormm effective integrated media strategies (e.g. media placement objectives, target audience, overall strategies, plans, and budgeting/execution recomendations) for digital campaigns. Also expecting new chalenge on media programs, execution, tactics and targets. By working directly with our internal Marcomm teams, this individual need to collaborate with the manager and team to make decisions on the best form of media executions for each campaign, including but not limited to display, social, search, mobile, video, innovation. Liases closely with digital media pertners and interal stakeholders to review, assess and qualify media briefs, submitted media proposals, cost schedules, proofreads advertisement content before release. Be a catalyst to deliver our digital objectives across targeted PMI audience - consumers, retailers, corporate affairs, talent and internal.
- Work closely with the Marcomms, Retention/Acquisition and Activation Teams to understand the business objectives and define advertising strategy, while liaising with the Content and Partnership managers to deliver right media strategies/communications and testing scenarios. Collaborate with other digital department members across other functions in PMJ to drive audience understanding and engagement of our Reduced Risk Product category, smoke-free future agenda, IQOS products, retailer engagement, as well as understanding of PMJ as an organization and as an employer.
- Maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders for effective and innovative delivery of experiences and expertise via digital media. As a digital media subject matter expert, provide recommendations and insight around effective strategic media plans by discussing and aligned with the manager and team members.
- Collaborate with all members of the Digital Advertising team, and partner with other members of the Digital function including third party agencies, to ensure they deliver the campaigns and capabilities needed to satisfy our overall digital strategy, program and commercial objectives. Work closely with teams throughout Legal and Compliance to ensure good work/practice is put in place, highlighted, shared, understood and followed.
- Closely monitor performance and pacing of each campaign making sure to deliver KPIs. Take necessary actions against media partners via the agency to make all campaigns become on track and optimized as much as possible.
- Ensure all programmes, projects, and campaigns effectively discover, define, design, deliver, deploy and create data to power insight and optimization, for continuous learning and improvement.
- Guarantee delivery of new programmes, new capabilities, and enhancements across all our paid digital media. Partner with all functions to ensure an optimal combination of design, content, and functionality, aligned to and reflective of our brand, commercial, and digital objectives.
- University degree
- Japanese Native and business English ability
- Proven 5 years or more of experience as a digital media planner / buyer, demonstrable knowledge, experience and understanding of digital media planning and buying, including technical details, experience in all steps of the media planning process, across a variety of industries,
- Exceptional media skills overall: strategic thinking, introduction of innovative ideas/techniques, stellar negotiating skills, insightful analysis, thought leader
- Proficiency in digital media planning and trafficking software, e.g. DCM and Google analytics
- Knowledge of research and its method, and setting, e.g. Macromill, Nielsen, and Intage
- Strong relationships (and reputation) in the media community