Purpose of the role:
Philip Morris is leading the transformation of our industry with Reduced Risk Products. The intent is to help every smoker to stop or switch to a less harmful alternative. This is our smoke free future mission. As we transform our industry, so we are transforming our business to be more consumer focused, innovative, forward leaning and agile. Digital is a fundamental foundation for our ambitions, as so many consumers and smokers interact with brands and each other through digital touchpoints. The Digital function is responsible for creating experiences to motivate awareness, consideration, activation and loyalty; as well as the Digital Services required to enable these experiences. This team is helping to establish our modern communications vision, and lead the execution of new projects, capabilities and programmes.
Reporting to the Manager of Digital Media Partnerships, the lead Media Partnerships and Data is responsible for building and maintaining successful commercial relationships with our digital media and data partners, including agencies and publishers, acting as a key point of contact with partners on a day-to-day basis.
- Responsible for building, managing, and sustaining strong relationships with partners of all levels across media and data platforms. This includes championing new projects; building the organizational network through targeted outreach and strong project planning, taking positive steps to identify, extend network, and cultivate connections for the fulfilment and implementation of partnership activities; creating synergy by working with partners on tactics, asset delivery, execution of marketing materials, and resolving issues, as well as engaging with internal and external stakeholders to deliver exceptional digital activations. Be a catalyst to deliver our digital objectives across targeted PMI audience - consumers, retailers, corporate affairs and internal.
- Present critical thinking when analyzing and evaluating media partners e.g. reporting on partner initiatives, forecasting for key changes and evaluating actual performance versus defined key metrics. Work closely with other teams within the organization to identify and discuss integrated communications and digital strategies to drive acquisition, retargeting, and brand/product/campaign awareness to ensure the delivery of innovative, impactful and successful digital Media Partnerships. Collaborate with other digital department members and with key contact points across other functions in PMJ to drive audience understanding and engagement of our Reduced Risk Product category, smoke-free future agenda, IQOS products, retailer engagement, as well as understanding of PMJ as an organization and as an employer.
- Drive activation of our consumers and other audiences through effective and innovative media and data partnerships. Lead discussions with potential partners, and define clear framework for partnership, including KPIs and SLAs. Engage with relevant internal stakeholders (Procurement, Legal, External Affairs) and external agencies to deliver the most valuable output for our business. As a digital media subject matter expert, identify new media and data partners/opportunities that will enable us to deliver on our business strategies and commercial objectives across digital media. Inspire peers and colleagues to become disruptive innovators. This also includes coordination with the Global Partnership team of Philip Morris International
- Develop the analytics and data capabilities of the digital advertising team using various platforms such as Google Analytics, Google Campaign Manager, Customer Data Platform and Data Management Platform
- Ensure all programmes, projects, and campaigns effectively discover, define, design, deliver, deploy and create data to power insight and optimization, for continuous learning and improvement.
- Develop the segmentation capabilities of the digital advertising team using 1st party, partner's or 3rd party data.
- University degree
- Business Japanese & English
- Proven 3 years or more of experience in a Partnership Account Executive, Business Development, or Strategic Partnerships Marketing Manager role in a digital media agency or digital team on client side.
- Expertise in digital paid media advertising, with understanding of digital media planning and buying, including technical aspects, experience in all steps of the media planning process
- Strategic experience of digital paid media channels. Ability to work and enhance our overall digital paid approach, in partnership with Digital Media Agencies.
- Record of having developed consumer data usage with a business impact.
- Understanding and demonstrable experience across a combination of: integrated digital consumer journey design, web and mobile display strategy / delivery, creativity and content, Digital Paid Innovation, analytics. Digital Media Strategy, Planning & Buying. Digital Media Performance, Social Media Influencers.
Strong negotiation and presentation skills (virtual and F2F meetings, over the phone negotiations, etc.)
- Understanding of audience activation and engagement, digital experience planning and audience behaviour / strategy.