At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity.
Join us and you’ll have the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest scientists in their fields, with fast access to subject experts and commercial decision-makers.
Do you look for ways to learn and grow in an international environment? Do you want to build a remarkable career? Are you up for a 6-month challenge in Lausanne starting as of August/September 2020? Then apply now, we need you!
Duty Free, Strategy & PMO department Intern
Who we’re looking for:
• Enrolled student currently pursuing a degree in Data Analytics, Data Science, Information Systems or any relevant area with a good knowledge of Probability theory & Econometrics (Bac. In Engin. /Appl.Math. /Quant.Fin /Progr.);
• Experience in building & validation of classification and regression models;
• Ability to postulate and verify hypothesis regarding data;
• Ability to transform, aggregate and synthesize datasets from multiple sources and pre-processing (cleanup, aggregation, etc.);
• Good with SQL, Python and Power BI; good understanding of databases and information systems
• Proficiency in Excel / PowerPoint;
• At least medium level in Python; Experience in following libraries: Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, requests, BeautifulSoup, SQLAlchemy;
• Ability to translate Data Analytics insights into business actions
• Fluent in English
You will join our Global “Business Intelligence team”, a truly international team, mainly based in Lausanne.
Extra skills (a plus) :
• Advanced Python skills (OOP, multiprocessing/multithreading, queues, algorithm optimization);
• Advanced SQL user (ability to write complex & performant Queries);
• Power BI DAX language knowledge is a strong plus;
• Familiarity with Git and task management tools (JIRA, Trello, Mondays.com);
• Creation dynamic visualization tools/Web-GUI on Django/Flask;
• Experience in web development using Bootstrap, HTML5, Jinja, JS, jQuery is a plus.
Extra bonus points:
• Completing the challenge with a public score >0.8 on KAGGLE:
As an intern, we count on you to achieve these following tasks:
• Working in strong collaboration with the business in order to identify their critical data-related issues blocking them from reaching full efficiency when it comes to delivering a smoke-free future
• Translating those business problematics into a technical language in order to develop a well-thought data model transforming raw data into insightful and clear data (SQL, Python, Power BI, Visio).
• Implementing a business-oriented Power BI dashboard with a strong focus on UI.
• Presenting the results to the business.
More precisely, typical task can be:
• To recalibrate a consumer utility pricing / forecasting model and prepare a structured code in Python for calculating it automatically;
• To do a regression/factor analysis; prepare summary in PowerPoint slides and model specification in Word/LaTex;
• To explore and study existing data preparation process (for model, recurrent analysis or report), identify data-gaps and create a Visio data diagrams “As-is” and “To-be”;
• To write a Python code that do text sentiment classification; prepare documentation about how it works;
• To get from multiple sources (SQL, flat files, Excel, web, e.t.c.) attributes and transactional data, do cauterization and prepare Power BI report and insights summary report.
What we offer
Be a part of a revolutionary change. Although our tobacco brands have been world famous since the 1900s, we now have a bold new vision: to make cigarettes history and create products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
As you take your first steps, you’ll have the backing and brainpower of a multinational business behind you, but with the freedom you’d normally find in a start-up. It’s the perfect start to your career.
Join PMI and you too can take pride in delivering our promise to society. Find out more about this exciting opportunity – visit www.pmi.com today.
We are committed to equal pay by being an equal-salary certified employer globally. #LI-DNP