Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions. You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact to achieve our mission: a smoke-free future.
We’re looking for a Line Lead based in our factory in Seremban, Malaysia. Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working of working that span the whole world!
Your ‘day to day’
As a Line Lead, you are responsible to lead the assigned production line(s) with 24 hours accountability to deliver business result, for example plan production volume in accordance with budget, requirements for safety and quality, and fully apply the Integrated Operating System (IOS) and PMI standards and policies. Your core responsibilities including:
• Ensure effective implementation of safety programs, monitor work habits and housekeeping conditions to maintain a safe working environment
• Supervise and coordinate production and related activities to ensure quality and quantity objectives are achieved
• Continuously follow-up production performance and determine short and long term improvement opportunities
• Organize, supervise and control the work of subordinates, motivate them and encourage their training and career development
• Ensure that correct and up to date records of all material movements are kept in the system
• Take urgent actions to identify causes of problems arising in manufacturing processes and to ensure an uninterrupted flow of process
• Continuously analyses key performance data and, through analyses of systems and QA operation data, initiates and leads the right corrective actions for the process parameters
• For a continuous progress, leads, coordinates and establishes control of new initiatives, changes and routine work activities. Launches these tasks with the resources allocated, the related data analysed, the solutions generated, the plans implemented, and the results measured.
Ultimately, you are accountable to ensure the sustainability, quality compliance, equipment and technological processes for the manufacturing operations. You will empower your team members and lead the change for continuous improvements.
Who we’re looking for
You will excel in Lead Line role should you have:
• University degree in Engineering (Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, & etc.)
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience in manufacturing environment with at least 2 years on people manager role, preferably from FMCG industry
• High efficient level of personnel management and communication skills, leadership capacity, ability to motivate workforce & inspire the team spirits
• Ability to comprehend and apply expenditures and budget principles
• Knowledge of continuous improvement methods
• Strong team-work and collaboration skills with analytical skills
• Exposure in driving Integrated Work Systems (IWS) deployment project for Operations would definitely be an added value
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.