Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
It’s so rare in R&D that everything aligns to create the ideal conditions for outstanding work. Right now, at PMI, that’s exactly what’s happening. R&D is the driving force for our bold new vision: to replace cigarettes with a revolutionary portfolio of alternative products.
Join us and you’ll have the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest scientists in their fields, with fast access to subject experts and commercial decision-makers.
If you’re creative, courageous and ready to take risks, you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions. Ultimately, by delivering our smoke-free future, your work could change the lives of a billion smokers.
Your ‘day to day’
You will be employed in Hong Kong under Philip Morris Asia Limited (PMAL). PMAL operates as a subsidiary of Philip Morris International, Inc. You will support the Smoke-Free Products at electronic hub (eHUB). As the Quality Engineering Subject Matter Expert (SME) for New Product Introduction (NPI) projects at our eHUB, you will work closely with designers, functional SMEs, and suppliers to develop the end to end control strategy to ensure quality is built by design and a robust process control is in place. You will lead and handle quality activities for NPI projects according to the defined Quality Requirements; and lead quality risks from Product Development, NPI to Product Ramp stages. In order to excel in this position, you will have a strong belief in driving excellence and make rational decisions.
• Develop and maintain outstanding levels of Quality Engineering in all manufacturing processes. Provide guidance during Design, DFM, PFMEA and Control Plan reviews. Ensure Lessons Learnt are incorporated.
• Be the NPI quality lead on projects and activities in all project phases. Identify potential risks and develop preventive actions through early quality involvement in EVT, DVT and PVT builds.
• Represent the Quality team to perform a full lifecycle product development (design, develop, test prototypes, manufacture and implement). Provide guidance for suppliers on tool design, process flow, equipment selection, DFM and DOE proposals.
• Implement Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) including FAI, GRR & CPK measurement, PFMEA, Control plan on critical component qualifications
• Be the decision maker for design review gate approval in perspective of quality to ensure no carry-on design weaknesses.
• Work with multiple internal groups (such as engineering, Supply Chain, CMF) as well as external parties to solve quality issues. Work with suppliers to handle raw material quality issues and seek for quality improvement.
• Act as the project leader in leading quality crisis. Lead multi-functional team on root cause studies, containment of potential defectives, and provision of overall solutions. Prepare high level executive reports to management.
Who we’re looking for
• Bachelor degree holder in Mechanical, Industrial Engineering or related fields.
• Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt will be an advantage
• 8-10 years working experience in Quality Engineering field for NPI projects
• Experience in high volume consumer electronic products
• Detailed knowledge of Quality System, project management and advance quality philosophies, i.e. Six Sigma methodology
• Experience in IATF-16949/ ISO13485/ quality standard of FDA is an advantage
• Proficiency in using quality tools for data analysis and problem solving
• Strong technical writing skills, with the ability able to communicate technical knowledge in a clear and understandable manner
• Excellent command of English and Chinese
• Great communication & stakeholder management skills
• Ability to work in a dynamic organization and fast-paced environment
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
Join a global market leader
Philip Morris International: Delivering a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI’s smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heat-not-burn and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of 2020 June, PMI estimates that approximately 10.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heat-not-burn product, available for sale in 52 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, please visit www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer