Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide. With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
It’s so rare in R&D that everything aligns to create the ideal conditions for outstanding work. Right now, at PMI, that’s exactly what’s happening. R&D is the driving force for our bold new vision: to replace cigarettes with a revolutionary portfolio of alternative products.
Join us and you’ll have the resources, support and technology you need to break new ground and see ideas come to life. You’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest scientists in their fields, with fast access to subject experts and commercial decision-makers.
If you’re creative, courageous and ready to take risks, you can make a huge impact and propel your career in an endless number of directions. Ultimately, by delivering our smoke-free future, your work could change the lives of a billion smokers.
Your ‘day to day’
The Veterinary Care team provides professional veterinary advice and care to all animals at the facility and supports the research team. This role supports the oversight of the animal care and use program, which is performed in accordance with all applicable guidelines, regulations and acceptable international standards. This position will serve duties relating to the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) and perform work under Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) standards. Clinical responsibilities will include rotations for weekend and out of office care (both emergency and scheduled).
• Provide preventative, clinical and emergency medicine to all species at the facility (rats, mice and guinea pigs).
• Provide veterinary services for experimental procedures for the research team. This may include (but is not limited to) consultation and guidance on novel techniques, substance administration, sample collection, monitoring, anaesthesia (preparation, monitoring and postoperative care), pain management and assisting with experimental procedures.
• Diagnostic services (urinalysis, sampling at necropsy, requesting and interpreting laboratory tests etc).
• Perform administrative duties relating to veterinary care, including the review and interpretation of reports and raw data, the control of veterinary supplies and managing records.
• Assist animal care staff as and when required, to include planning, preparing rooms for studies, preparing cages and equipment and assisting in conducting measurements and animal observations in accordance with study plan requirements.
• Provide teaching and training for the animal care and use program personnel.
• Review, develop and train on SOPs/work instructions (WI) and guidelines to maintain best practice policies.
• Review IACUC protocols submitted by study directors and provide recommendations to optimize study design, animal models and animal welfare. To perform post approval monitoring, IACUC* inspections and ensure compliance with the applicable regulations (AVS/NParks**, AAALAC-International*** etc). Coordinate, plan and manage the AAALAC-International and AVS/NParks inspections and GLP audits, as required.
* IACUC : Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
** AVS/NParks : The Animal & Veterinary Service (AVS) is a cluster of the National Parks Board (NParks) of Singapore.
*** AAALAC : American Association for Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care
Who we’re looking for
Veterinary degree with eligibility for AVS/Nparks licensing with 1 – 3 years’ relevant experience. Laboratory animal science experience with rats and/or mice preferred. Good technical skills and hands-on experience working with rodents or willingness to learn. Clinical experience with rodent medicine and surgery.
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
If you believe you would be a good fit to the requirements of the role, please submit your application online by 21 August 2020. Only candidates who fit the hiring requirements will be contacted. The successful candidate will be hired on the local employment terms and conditions in Singapore.