Be a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working. You’ll be solving supply chain problems that span the whole world: a smoke-free world.
YOUR ‘DAY TO DAY’
As Product Engineer, you will be part of Prototyping and Industrialization department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna and will be reporting to the Manager Product & Process Innovation. The position will be based in Zola Predosa, BO.
A key responsibility will be perform studies, feasibility analysis, product risk assessment, test plan, report of projects to meet stakeholders (PDev /R&D/Pcom) requests regarding new filters, sticks, substrates or other product samples, in the respect of the agreed time scheduling, quality levels, safety/security standards following the prototyping process from material incoming to finished good with focus on the product.
In your role, you will support Project Engineer/Leader on the feasibility study of new filters, sticks, substrates or other product samples. You also will identify product critical parameters and their impact on filter/stick/product production process.
Finally, the Product Engineer will be responsible to Perform Specification Alignment phase in order to confirm and review the project spec in alignment with Pdev/R&D requirements and define the final test plan and for capability curve creation, product tolerance and preliminary spec definition.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Promote the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental culture, transfers it into procedures and work instructions to discipline and monitor the team activities and keep a healthy and safe-conscious working environment, in order to minimize or eliminate risks exposure to personnel.
• Act in conformity with Compliance and Integrity principles by setting an example and promoting compliance culture within department by ensuring the confidentiality protection.
• Responsible to study the new products feasibility supporting R&D and Product Development, supporting to introduce innovative materials, develop new design, improve product performance and support affiliate during concept validation activities.
• Support Prototyping Technician during Prototype Samples production. Responsible to measure parameters identified on Spec Alignment phase during/after Prototype Samples production, moreover responsible to coordinate QLab measures and Quality Process Operators.
• Responsible for Product CP/CPK & PIR Analysis and to verify Product Adulteration/Contamination.
• Perform DIM characterization, increase product know-how during process and realize product characterization report. Update product know-how repository and periodically share within the team.
• Ensure the appropriate involvement of Process Engineering and QE, MQA and QA spec department, providing the needed documentation and information about the new filter/stick/product, aiming to guarantee the definition and the next implementation of the industrial solution for an effective production start-up.
• Ensure professional relationship with peers, PM-MTB Industrialization, PMI- E, R&D and PDev teams about all the technical topics related to the projects under his/her responsibility. Assure a constant status update to Project Engineer/Leader in charge in order to allow the proper project coordination
Requirements & Skills:
• University Degree in Sciences, Engineering or equivalent.
• You will possess a minimum of 1year of experience on industrial context or chemical & physical laboratory.
• You will possess excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
• Ability to communicate, present and influence effectively at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent reputation in engaging in can-do behavior, anticipating risks and seizing opportunities.
• Fluency in English and Italian are required.
Grade level from: 7-8
Recruiter: Rita Gherardi
WHAT WE OFFER
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to take risks, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna is Philip Morris International's first center for personnel training and prototyping, industrialization, and large-scale production of potentially reduced risk products (RRPs).