You may have heard of Philip Morris International (PMI), the world’s leading tobacco company and the maker of Marlboro – the undisputed number one cigarette brand in the world.
But PMI is about more than cigarettes. We’ve made a dramatic business decision to go “smoke-free” and work towards a world where non-combustible tobacco and nicotine products may one day replace cigarettes. Find out more on https://www.pmiscience.com/.
Do you have an open and enquiring mind with the ability to collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines? Will you make a difference to our company and your colleagues around you? Are you looking for a dynamic environment where you can contribute to transforming a century-old industry? If the answer is yes, shi, hai, gee or oo, then we’d like to hear from you.
We’re now laying the foundation to make our smoke-free vision a reality and we’re looking to recruit a mechanical engineer with a background from consumer electronics. You should have at least 5 years of product related electronics design experience, and be familiar with CAD design and simulation, ideally on Solidworks. You should also have experience in molding and stamping processes. You will be based in Hong Kong.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
We are seeking a talented individual to support devices mechanical development aspects to meet the agreed product functional requirements and international certifications. You will contribute to roadmap development for critical mechanical components. You will also contribute to processes and tools improvements dedicated to development of RRP* devices.
• Provide technical expertise on mechanical development to support the roadmap of RRP devices development.
• Contribute to development of critical mechanical components roadmaps covering the different RRP devices platforms in collaboration with the different stakeholders (innovation, supply chain, industrialization groups).
• Support mechanical device architectures development in collaboration with the subject matter experts in mechanics.
• Develop mechanical detailed design of RRP devices in collaboration with internal and external partners.
• Supervise engineering validation testing of the mechanics in collaboration with DV team and external partners.
• Interact with external parties which are mandated for RRP devices development and manufacturing.
• Contribute to processes and tools improvement dedicated to the development of RRP devices.
• Respect PMI Compliance Policies, standards and laws and ensure that external partners respect them as well. Ensure the protection of information of a confidential nature at any time.
Essential Skills and competencies:
• You have experience in molding and stamping processes and confidently manage/collaborate with external development partners.
• You have experience with functional verification and validation
• To be successful in the role, you will need to display excellent communication skills and fluency in English. Chinese speaking and writing skill is a huge plus.
• A university degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is required.
Displaying the following traits would be an advantage:
• Creative individual, able to work independently whilst being a core team member
• Experimental approach mindset, oriented to quality of results with technical decisions taken on the basis of objective data
• Able to challenge peers and direct management
FIND A NEW PATH
Our company offers you a fresh perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering. We take on-the-job learning to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your full potential. With innovative technologies, services and processes, backed by a competitive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional setting with clients and team members from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. If you believe you would be a good fit to the requirements of the role, and you would like to explore further a career path within PMI, please apply now so that we can start the conversation.
* Reduced-risk products (RRPs) is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke.