You may have heard of Philip Morris International (PMI), the world’s leading Tobacco Company and the maker of Marlboro – the undisputed number one cigarette brand in the world.
But PMI is about more than cigarettes. We’ve made a significant business decision to go “smoke-free” and work towards a world where non-combustible tobacco and nicotine products may one day replace cigarettes.
Are you agile and self-reliant? Will you make a difference to our company and your colleagues around you? If the answer is yes, shi, hai, gee or oo, then we’d like to hear from you. We’re now laying the foundation to make our smoke-free vision a reality and we’re looking to recruit a project manager with manufacturing background. You should have 10 years experience in project management, engineering and/or EMS management. You will be based in Hong Kong with regional travel as required.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
We are seeking a talented individual to manage New Product Introduction Projects and Product and Process Improvement projects by effectively leading team of people from different areas of competency for defining project scope and strategy for implementation. You will manage PMI partners and suppliers to ensure effective closure of all projects within budget, on time and as per PMI Standards. You will also request and manage Capital expenditure budgets for industrialization, scale-up, production readiness and product improvements
• Lead the introduction of new electronic devices from the product industrialization to its mass production.
• Lead product and process improvement projects over product life cycle
• Ensure a smooth transition from new product concept to robust and manufacturable products.
• Coordinate a multicultural and cross-functional project team, as well as internal and external resources / vendors / partners to guarantee successful project realization.
• Support the project organization in best practices definition and implementation.
• Lead activities to ensure smooth product industrialization and mass production readiness which requires strong project management and project governance expertise to synchronize different functions such as Product Development, Procurement, Supply chain, Quality and Finance.
• Ensure that project information supplied to management is realistic with respect to cost, timing and risk assessment in order to avoid financing challenges and delayed completion.
• Communicate and develop network with management, suppliers / partners and service providers to ensure that projects rolls out efficiently.
• Participate to the business justification process by managing scope, benefit-risk analysis, budget and resource requirements related to project phases to maintain principles along the life cycle of the assigned project and to assist management in decision making.
• Demonstrate and apply technical competence as an electronic device industrialization expert, knowledgeable in electronic device mass production constraints.
• Respect PMI Compliance Policies, standards and laws and ensure that external partners respect them as well. Ensure the protection of information of a confidential nature at any time.
Essential Skills and competencies:
• To be successful in the role, you will need to display excellent communication skills and fluency in English. Chinese speaking and writing skill is a plus.
• An engineering degree (i.e. mechanic, electronic, materials, software) or equivalent is required.
• Project management: Highly skilled
• Product development process: Highly skilled
• Good Manufacturing Practices: Highly skilled
• Product Specification & Process Manufacturing Standards: Highly skilled
• Global Quality System (QS) - (Procedures, Equipment Standards and Work Instructions): Skilled
• Industrialization and manufacturing processes: Skilled
• Procurement & Supply-Chain practices and principles: Skilled
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Mar 31, 2019, PMI estimates that approximately 7.3 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 47 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.