You may have heard of Philip Morris International (PMI), the world’s leading tobacco company and the maker of Marlboro – the undisputed number one cigarette brand in the world.
But PMI is about more than cigarettes. We’ve made a dramatic business decision to go “smoke-free” and work towards a world where non-combustible tobacco and nicotine products may one day replace cigarettes. Find out more on https://www.pmiscience.com/ .
Do you have an open and enquiring mind with the ability to collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines? Will you make a difference to our company and your colleagues around you? Are you looking for a dynamic environment where you can contribute to transforming a century-old industry? If the answer is yes, shi, hai, gee or oo, then we’d like to hear from you.
We’re now laying the foundation to make our smoke-free vision a reality and we’re looking to recruit a mechanical engineer with a background from consumer electronics. You should have at least 5 years of product related electronics design experience, and be familiar with CAD design and simulation, ideally on Solidworks. You should also have experience in molding and stamping processes. You will be based in Hong Kong.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
We are seeking a talented individual to contribute devices tooling development aspects to meet the agreed product mechanical design requirements and international certifications. Researching suppliers, technologies, materials and tooling concepts for manufacturing plastic and metal parts. Support tools improvements and processes dedicated to development of RRP devices.
• Contribute to tooling and secondary processes development of critical mechanical components roadmaps covering the different RRP devices platforms in collaboration with the different stakeholders (Innovation, Procurement, Quality, Industrialization groups).
• Demonstrated experience with plastic injection molding, metal injection molding, metal forging, metal die-casting, metal stamping and component surface treatments.
• Collaborate with manufacturing partners to building innovative tools for RRP devices and revamping tooling design and standards to reduce production costs.
• Project scheduling to first and copy tools, familiar with tool DFM, Mold Flow Analysis, CpK and PPAP qualification processes.
• Respect PMI Compliance Policies, standards and laws and ensure that external partners respect them as well.
• Ensure the protection of information of a confidential nature at any time.
Essential Skills and competencies:
• At least 5 years of product related electronics design experience in consumer electronics.
• Experience in CAD design and simulation, ideally on Solidworks Experience in molding and die-casting and stamping processes.
• Experience in managing/collaboration with external development partners.
• Experience in functional verification and validation.
• In-depth knowledge of large-scale production and manufacturing is necessary.
• A university degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is required.
Displaying the following traits would be an advantage:
• Excellent communication skills and fluency in English. Chinese speaking and writing skill is a clear plus.
• Collaboration, Agility and Entrepreneurship
• Creative and progressive thinking
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). *RRPs is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
FIND A NEW PATH
Our company offers you a fresh perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering. We take on-the-job learning to another level, giving you every opportunity to develop your career and reach your full potential. With innovative technologies, services and processes, backed by a competitive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional setting with clients and team members from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. If you believe you would be a good fit to the requirements of the role, and you would like to explore further a career path within PMI, please apply now so that we can start the conversation.