Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a remarkable career? Then apply now! We’re currently looking for a
Sr Energy Systems Engineer
With the following requirements:
• University degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or closely related field. Advanced degree preferred
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience of product design in consumer electronics and/or medical devices with lithium-ion battery
• Working knowledge of future potentials in battery & power management such as alternative battery chemistries, super-caps, hybrid battery/cap power, etc.
• Systems engineering management experience spanning Industrial, Mechanical, & Electronic Engineering, embedded systems firmware, through the complete product lifecycle.
• Experience with requirements analysis and development using tools such as requirements management frameworks, PLM, MRP, and Knowledge Management Systems.
• History of working with DFMEAs, DVPs and other system analysis and development tools.
• Experimental approach mindset, oriented to quality of results with technical decision taken on the basis of objective data
• Structured approach to rationalize and develop process, tools and resources from both internal and external partners
• Ability to build effective teams and foster a strong collaborative culture internally and with suppliers
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
• Fluent in English both written and spoken
If you possess the above mentioned profile then you are the one we want to meet for staffing our Electronics Technology team within the Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) department, based either in Hong Kong or in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
The objective of Philip Morris International Inc (PMI)’s R&D team is to develop and assess products with the potential to reduce the risks of smoking-related diseases. This project is at the core of our business: our aim is that one day all adult smokers who otherwise wouldn’t quit will switch to what we call reduced-risk products, or RRPs*. Get to know more about us on www.PMIScience.com.
Your specific responsibilities will be:
• Apply your technical expertise to scout & evaluate related emerging technologies for potential future use and develop technology roadmaps, leveraging internal and external support
• Characterization of critical electronics components and modules covering the different devices and accessories in collaboration with the different internal and external stakeholders
• Development of reference architecture for future use by design engineering
• Promote a rigorous management approach to deliver multiple projects in parallel
• Lead the technical assessment of critical components strategy definition and execution, in collaboration with procurement, supply-chain, quality, and other stakeholders
• Improve processes and tools which support scouting, evaluating, and characterizing electronic technologies
• Carry out all of the activities ensuring that PMI compliance policies, standards, and laws relating to these activities are fully respected, integrated and understood by stakeholders, and implement adequate processes to ensure the protection of information of a confidential nature
As a Senior Engineer – Energy Systems, you will participate in a cross-functional team including resources in PMI’s Neuchatel, Singapore & Hong-Kong R&D sites, managing internal and external project resources, and develop individual & group expertise. Within this diverse team, you will create and maintain a group mindset in terms of location, formation and experience, and ensure effective succession planning within the team.
Why work for us? Here are 3 reasons PMI is the ultimate Employer:
1. We’re international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
2. We’re flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible Work Arrangement Program; and
3. We’re a certified top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
As the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women, our competitive salary and compensation package is for all our employees.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online.
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). *RRPs is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PMI affiliates do not accept referrals from employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. Should an employment agency take any action in respect of such a vacancy, their actions will have been taken without the request or agreement of any PMI affiliate. No PMI affiliate shall be liable for any fees in such circumstances.