Play an active role in the biggest transformation in the history of Phillip Morris International. We are committed to an impactful and dramatic change, replacing cigarettes with cutting edge, smoke-free products. The mission of the Global Communications team is to actively tell our innovation and business transformation story to engage society and speed our transition to a smoke-free future.
Our team is growing and we are looking for a Regulatory Communications Director to be based in the PMI’s Operations Centre in Lausanne, Switzerland at Philip Morris International Management SA. You will play a critical role in implementing public and regulatory communications campaigns that advocate for policies that allow smokers who don’t quit to access better alternatives to cigarettes and information about them. Your work will touch all teams within the Global Communications function and key internal customers and senior leaders across PMI functions
This is a rare opportunity to have a real impact on the success of a global function within a business that is striving to invoke positive change across an entire industry.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Development of overarching campaign approach for public and advocacy campaigns
• Develop and implement the strategy to proactively frame the public debate toward a smoke-free future
• Identify key societal stakeholders and their interdependencies to create a societal communications strategy that enables targeted and effective message deployment
• Oversee US communications and media engagement
• Define key objectives and target audiences for campaigns and sign off briefs to internal stakeholders (Editor-in-Chief, Digital, etc.)
• Identify, develop and maintain relationships with key journalists and relevant media companies in the regulatory and policy domain
• Develop toolbox solutions for regional and market level implementation of our core public and regulatory campaigns
• Demonstrable agency or in-house experience working on successful public and advocacy campaigns
• Prior experience within regulatory or government affairs within pharma, life sciences or consumer goods company or experience at an NGO or in politics
• Experience working with media or media agencies
• Experience within highly regulated industries that invoke wide public debate across complex issues
• Experience strategizing multi-channel campaigns utilizing a spectrum of vendors, internal stakeholders and in different global markets.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Why work for us? Here are 3 reasons to work for PMI:
1) We’re international: Our global workforce of more than 82,000 is one of our greatest strengths and our employees speak more than 80 languages
2) We’re flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible Work Arrangement Program; and
3) We’re a certified top employer: This position will advance your experience with innovative technologies, services, and processes. Backed by an attractive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional setting with clients and team members from all over the world.
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A valid work permit is required for this position.