You may have heard of Philip Morris International (PMI), the world’s leading Tobacco Company and the maker of Marlboro – the undisputed number one cigarette brand in the world.
But PMI is about more than cigarettes. We’ve made a significant business decision to go “smoke-free” and work towards a world where non-combustible tobacco and nicotine products may one day replace cigarettes.
Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? We’re now laying the foundation to make our smoke-free vision a reality and we’re looking to recruit a Material Category Manager.You will be employed in Hong Kong under Philip Morris Asia Limited (PMAL). PMAL operates as a subsidiary of Philip Morris International, Inc.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
Develop a sustainable competitive advantage by developing the best of the best supplier base, proactively building strategic relationship with suppliers, ensuring supply security and supply responsiveness, and foster opportunities to optimize cost to ensure the right cost for components of all electronic devices and consumables.
• Develop a high level of expertise of all categories / commodities and a strong understanding of the markets, should cost’ of the goods, market demand, trends and risks, etc.
• Develop a strong sourcing strategy and ensure to have the best supply base available for all categories to cope with current and future needs.
• Establish solid relationship with key suppliers in order to have access to innovation opportunities, cost savings and to effectively leverage on their capabilities to increase value added and speed to market
• Understand total cost of ownership (all cost elements) and create visibility of future cost evolution based on industry and commodity intelligence to continuously optimize and prevent cost
• Communicates category strategies across the organization including Development Team and NPI Operations to ensure sourcing decisions and product development aligns with strategic supplier selections
• Develop the team leadership skills to grow within PMI organization
• Lead and develop team members to ensure readiness to handle current and future challenges.
• Enforces, setup and maintain governance model and processes through effective leadership in accordance with PMI compliance standards
• Ensure adequate business controls are in place surrounding sourcing, contracts, spending, and reporting
• Identify risk areas and develop plans to eliminate or mitigate risk that could adversely impact suppliers
• In conjunction with the Law department, develop, negotiate and implement of appropriate contract structures, specifically with regards to creation and retention of intellectual property rights
• Negotiate with suppliers the best value for money possible with commercial contracts, or project agreement to ensure competitiveness in market.
Essential Skills and competencies:
• BS in Engineering Electronics, Mechanical or Business Administration
• MBA or Master degree preferred
• Procurement certification preferred
• Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred (green or black belt)
• Fluency in English is required and Chinese is preferred
• 10+ years’ experience in procurement (electronics) including managing a team in a consumer electronics business.
• Experience with organizational development; building and leading teams to the next level of maturity
• Proven experience on developing and rapidly implementing effective strategies / Ability to start up key initiatives & manage execution
Displaying the following traits would be an advantage:
• Organization and time management skills
• Entrepreneurial mindset with focus on value creation
• Team leader and player capabilities leads by doing. Ability to develop team members.
• Proactive communication skills
• Fact and analysis-based decision-maker
• Ability to drive execution and foster continuous improvement
• Ability to collaborate and partner with both internal and external key stakeholders.
• Strategic Thinking capabilities
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Mar 31, 2019, PMI estimates that approximately 7.3 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 47 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.