Are you passionate about PMI’s future, its culture change being the success driver for the transformation and experiences people go through every day in PMI? Do you look for ways to grow in your job?
If you want to challenge yourself, working in a dynamic & international environment, then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
SUPERVISOR QUALITY CONTROL SYSTEMS
PMI has always been a leading company in the sector, but the time of transformation we are currently experiencing is quite exciting and is unprecedented. We are facing one of the greatest transformations in the history of fast-moving consumer goods, and the creation of a vision of a smoke-free future requires enormous courage, resourcefulness and motivation.
As Supervisor Quality Control Systems you will be part of our Quality department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna S.p.A. and will be reporting to Manager Quality Control. The position will be based in Bologna.
In your role, you will organize and monitor the quality control laboratory system (including LIMS GOLD, SDMS, Instrument Software) supporting the activities of all the laboratories for RRP products (including materials and semi-finished products). You will ensure the product compliance and manufacturing of high-quality products that meet PMI requirements & ISO standards and where applicable to allow batch release, respectively with calibrated instrument and validated methods. In addiction, you will ensure the identification and management of non-conformities and related corrective & preventive actions and also the competent support to the whole organization in order to qualify any new or modified process for the manufacturing of PMI products.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage, staff and develop a motivated and specialized team to ensure performance levels and professional development and achievement of objectives. Support OPEN+ program deployment with Leadership and Lean Thinking. Support the management in the preparation approval of department budget based on brand portfolio, volume forecast and manufacturing center objectives to ensure optimal allocation of resources, adequate funding, and compliance with financial practices.
- Ensure GOLD business coordination, collect & prioritize needs, define related strategies in order to support business and ensure compliance to QMS. Manage local implementation, upgrades and improvement of laboratory systems. Manage laboratory equipment and standards in order to meet and anticipate business needs in compliance with Quality System and International Standards.
Ensure methods and documents compliance to International Standards
- Ensure that ISO17025 accreditation is successfully achieved and maintained.
Define the accreditation scope and plan related activities according to business development
Define and maintain internal audit plan for ISO 17025 accreditation in order to identify improvement opportunities and properly organize follow up of NC. Define and follow up ICT plan for accredited methods
Plan and organize periodical management review for RRP laboratories
- Ensure the Qualification, Validation and Maintenance of QA analytical methods and equipment in order to ensure accurate and reliable results. Ensure that the appropriate calibrations/qualifications/validations are done and that the Change Management is applied when required. Review/approve associated protocols and reports.
- Ensure monitoring & performance analysis of laboratory system to identify potential deviations and CAPA
Ensure timely communication of measurements to appropriate personnel for fast and efficient reaction. Ensure proper communication with central function, region, center of expertise and other RRP affiliates concerning laboratories systems. Ensure that communication is maintained at all levels within product testing in order to transfer the information properly.
- Ensure the monitoring of outsourced activities by ensuring that a formal contract is in place and followed (SLA).
- Promote and apply all rules concerning PMI Quality, environment, health and safety. Report all situations requiring actions in order to minimize or eliminate risks exposure to personnel, company assets and societal impacts and be in line with or ahead of any applicable Law requirements and Company standards.
Requirements & Skills:
- Master degree in Biological sciences, Physical sciences, Engineering or equivalent skills through demonstrated experience.
- 3-5 years experience in QA/QC in Tobacco, Pharmaceutical or similar industry
- Advanced knowledge of relevant standards (ISO, ICH, GLP) and laboratory systems (LIMS, CDS, ad hoc software), Word, Excel, ppt
- Learning Agility, Ability to lead the team and interact with teams and colleagues, Problem solving and agility
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
Grade level from: 8-9
Recruiter: Rita Gherardi
Contract Type: Permanent
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering:
competitive wage conditions and the chance at potentially unlimited growth, thanks to performance monitoring systems that merge the talents of persons with their professional aspirations and allow for a constant growth of different proficiencies.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna is Philip Morris International's first center for personnel training and prototyping, industrialization, and large-scale production of potentially reduced risk products (RRPs).