You may have heard of Philip Morris International (PMI), the world’s leading tobacco company and the maker of Marlboro – the world’s number one cigarette brand. Now we’ve made a dramatic decision. We’re building PMI’s future on smoke-free products. Our vision is that these products will one day replace cigarettes.
Are you up for a challenge? Are you inquisitive and self-driven? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? We’re laying the foundation to make our smoke-free vision a reality and we’re recruiting a Cluster Head to join our regional Ethics & Compliance (E&C) team. You will be based in Hong Kong, and employed by Philip Morris Asia Limited (PMAL). PMAL is a subsidiary of Philip Morris International, Inc.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
• Be the primary resource for the management team in each cluster market in overseeing the development and implementation of an E&C program in line with PMI standards
• Conduct integrated risk assessments with the management team in each cluster market, and develop and ensure implementation of action plans to mitigate identified E&C risks
• Anticipate and evaluate current/emerging E&C risks, and design and monitor implementation of mitigating measures
• Contribute to the implementation of PMI trainings and communications initiatives in each cluster market, and develop and deploy local initiatives in collaboration with local risk area program owners
• Conduct E&C investigations as per PMI standards. Identify investigations learnings, implement remedial actions and conduct retaliation checks
• Conduct employee engagement activities to normalize and encourage ethical considerations, and embed ethical standards in governance bodies and decision making processes
• Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of E&C activities, and report on key E&C-related initiatives, projects, risks, investigation trends and learnings.
We are looking for a person with 8+ years of experience in Ethics and Compliance who can:
• Build relationships, effectively promote ideas, and influence through strong collaboration
• Provide thought leadership, methodology and tools to positively influence strategic direction
• Be empathetic - act as a trusted advisor for employees who seek guidance on compliance-related matters or who wish to discuss or report suspected misconduct
• Solve problems - build credibility with management teams by providing valuable inputs on E&C related and business matters
WHAT WE OFFER
There are more than 77,000 men and women at PMI, building fulfilling careers. There are some of the reasons they’ve joined, and stayed with us:
• We’re a global business with huge scope to build a career and broaden your horizons; our people make 1,000+ cross-functional moves every year
• Our people work with ambition, agility, and innovative technology to embrace change and collaborate on challenging projects
• We’ve been recognized as a Global Top Employer for three years running and won awards for workplace transparency, and sustainability
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Mar 31, 2019, PMI estimates that approximately 7.3 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 47 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.