Over the past three years, Philip Morris International (PMI) has made a dramatic pivot away from the marketing and sales of combustible cigarettes, and moved towards its Reduced-Risk Product (RRP) portfolio, focusing on its flagship product, IQOS. This launch of this product is PMI’s step forward to creating a smoke-free future for legal age consumers who continue to enjoy tobacco, but are seeking smoke-free alternatives. All of this has been accompanied by an organization-wide transformation in ways of working, culture, and strategy, with emphasis on digital, consumer and collaborator strategies.
Are you looking for ways to learn and grow in an international environment? Do you want to build a remarkable career? Are you up for a 6-month challenge starting as of July/August 2019? Then apply now, we want you on board!
We are looking for:
Intern Data & Analytics
• Currently studying for his/her Master in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or Engineering
• Experience with a variety of datasets (structured and unstructured)
• Knowledgeable in data warehouse architecture
• Knowledgeable in data visualizations and KPI dashboards using Tableau or Power BI
• Solid experience with Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint)
• Hands on Python/R (data preparation, data analysis)
• A desire to learn and strong motivation to succeed
• Fluent in both written and spoken English
If you are also good with teamwork and deadlines, you are the one we want for our Data & Analytics department in Philip Morris S.A. – the PMI affiliate for the Swiss Market.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Manage data modeling
• Put in place predictive analytics
• Contribute to our data governance processes and support the data analysis and insight generation at PMSA
• Leverage on existing and new data to enable data driven decision making and bring automation & data analytics to the department
• Mine data from primary and secondary sources
• Clean and prune data to discard irrelevant information
• Analyze and interpret results using standard statistical tools and techniques and identify trends, correlations and patterns in complicated data sets
• Identify new opportunities for process improvement
• Use advanced modelling techniques and machine learning to identify insights
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.