We are transforming Global Communications and we're currently looking to hire a Partnership Manager to support our Global Communications department at Philip Morris International in Washington, D.C. This person will play an active role in the biggest transformation in the history of our company. We’re dedicated to doing something very dramatic – replacing cigarettes with smoke-free products that we’re developing, assessing and commercializing.
This job’s main goal is to help design, implement and evaluate public engagement opportunities as part of a new kind of communications and outreach strategy. These projects are a meaningful part of an integrated strategy to help build new constituencies, help PMI re-introduce itself to parts of civil society with whom it has not had recent interaction, and position the company as part of a group of innovative organizations that are transforming with the pace of our modern world. This job benefits our business by improving our operating environment with a new and expanding group of partners that matter to us. These are the people who can propel progress on the smoke-free vision of PMI as our surrogates and champions, or those who will divert precious energy and resources on focusing only on the past. This job is an integral part of a new team at PMI. The function sits at the heart of a Global Communications team that places a premium on transformation and significant reputational challenges. But our engagement with the civil society sector cannot be one that is always on the defensive. It needs to be focused on what’s meaningful for these organizations, how we share common goals, and how we can serve as communications allies for global good.
• Lead special projects and campaigns in support of Global Communications strategy to build a greater set of constituents and stakeholders as part of our news public engagement strategy.
• Identify potential partners and engage with them to advance communications collaborations with PMI.
• Develop work plans and partnership agreements with partner organizations, especially on sustainable development and related agenda.
• Monitor progress and provide regular feedback to the VP, Communications Transformation, and others within the organization as needed.
• Measure impact of investments within the global transformation space and make recommendations on onward collaboration with organizations.
• Create active awareness of partnerships underway within PMI to avoid duplication and maximize opportunities with organizations that could be of mutual benefit for the group and the issues.
• Draft, review and share information with internal stakeholders and external partners to help keep key leaders informed of useful tools and resources on a regular, active basis.
• Identify mechanisms within the media, civil society, and public engagement communities to help build transformational communications capabilities within those organizations, building on what we are already doing at PMI, in order to build trust and show value to these partners.
• Represent PMI Global Communications team at relevant events and at moments where civil society partners will be actively present and deliver PMI public messaging as appropriate.
• Coordinate regularly with team members to provide support where needed and ensure the portfolio tells a coherent and engaging story about PMI and the smoke-free vision in support of our global communications mandate.
• Ability to work quickly and adapt to a new portfolio with transformation at its heart
• Have worked in an agency environment as an Account Director / Account Supervisor
• Good project management
• Excellent writing skills
• Awareness of civil society actors and players
• Ability to take on new projects with creativity
• Familiarity with social media channels and comfortable with internet research
• Keen understanding of PMI’s transformation
• Ability to train and explain to others basic concepts about PMI’s smoke-free vision
You should be legally authorized to work in the US in order to apply for this role.
WHY WORK FOR US?
HERE ARE 3 REASONS TO WORK FOR PMI:
1. We’re international: Our global workforce of more than 82,000 is one of our greatest strengths and our employees speak more than 80 languages
2. We’re flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible Work Arrangement Program and
3. We’re a certified top employer: This position will advance your experience with innovative technologies, services, and processes.
Backed by an attractive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional setting with clients and team members from all over the world. We are the first multinational company to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women.
Philip Morris International: Delivering a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heat-not-burn and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of March 31, 2019, PMI estimates that approximately 7.3 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heat-not-burn product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, please visit www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
PMI is an equal-opportunity employer.