You may have heard of Philip Morris International (PMI), the world’s leading Tobacco Company and the maker of Marlboro – the undisputed number one cigarette brand in the world.
But PMI is about more than cigarettes. We’ve made a significant business decision to go “smoke-free” and work towards a world where non-combustible tobacco and nicotine products may one day replace cigarettes.
Are you up for a challenge? Are you looking for growth and excitement in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? We’re now laying the foundation to make our smoke-free vision a reality and we’re looking to recruit a Regional Head of Communications. You will be employed in Hong Kong under Philip Morris Asia Limited (PMAL). PMAL is a subsidiary of Philip Morris International, Inc.
Being the public face of a multinational tobacco company undergoing a major business transformation is not a job for the uninitiated -- we’re looking for a consummate communications professional.
You are a good writer and have a deep understanding of the media landscape, including paid, owned and social media.
And you should be externally-focused and possess a good media network that you are thrilled to work with day in and day out.
If you’re the type of person we’re looking for you’ll know what’s involved in running Communications for a multinational in a highly regulated industry.
We're a big company with 80,000 employees globally. The ability to work collaboratively is essential. You’ll need to feel comfortable working with and presenting to senior management.
Rise to the challenge
• Working closely with Head of Market Activation and Support and market teams to ensure all markets have impactful data based strategies and actionable plans in place.
• Ensure plans are aligned with global so that synergies are leveraged
• Reporting to top-management, in collaboration with other members of the MA&S group, to ensure constant flow of information and effective decision-making.
• Following up with markets on their plans, help pivot & adjust to changing business and external environments if required and provide constant support to achieve the plans.
• Act as a key point of contact, providing advice and guidance on the full range of activation related communications, scientific communications and deployment of new activities/external campaign as appropriate per Global guidelines and market specifications
• Engage with regional media partners and act as a spokesperson on important regional communications
• Ensure sharing of best practices in region and support crisis management as appropriate
• Support training and capability building activities in regions/markets
What we are looking for:
• Should have generalist Corporate communications experience, with specialty in 1-2 fields and/or agency experience
• You will have a strategic mindset and can work in a highly matrixed organization
• Proven track record of working in a regional capacity and influencing change
• Should have exposure to multiple countries / knowledge of languages
• Political campaigning or societal movement management a plus
• Minimum Experience : 10-15 years of experience
Join a global market leader
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Mar 31, 2019, PMI estimates that approximately 8 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 48 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.