Full time position but part time would be consideredBe a part of a revolutionary change
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business, and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
Our Trademark Department is spread over four locations around the world: Lausanne, London, New York and Hong Kong. This opportunity is to join the London office. The team in London is made up of Trademark Attorneys, Solicitors and Legal Analysts. We are based at St Paul’s (The City of London). The successful candidate will join a team of Legal Analysts that provide trademark formalities and administrative support to our Central functions (Reduced Risk Products and Conventional Brand Building Groups and Reduced Risk Product Enforcement team), Registered Designs, Domain Names, Duty Free, and the EU, LACA, EEMA and Asia regions.
As our work evolves, there’s space to define your role and satisfy your professional curiosity. You’ll be working across functions surrounded and supported by experts. Join us and use your relationship-building skills for good: to change the lives of a billion smokers.
Your ‘day to day’
You will report to a Trademark Manager but will also receive instructions direct from Senior Counsel and other trademark lawyers. The position is full time (5 days a week) but we would be willing to consider candidates that are looking for part time work (3 or 4 days a week).
Full training on our trade mark management database and other systems will be provided.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Maintain data in all trademark systems (DIAMS IQ, Workpoint Spaces);
• Manage administrative responsibilities around trademark applications, including creating records, sending trademark filing instructions to outside counsel and agents, coordinating all formalities (such as POAs and other documents), receiving and processing trademark application post including filing receipts, publication details and examination reports;
• Monitor and communicate office actions and deadlines to relevant counsel and/or trademark lawyer;
• Build dispute records on our Trademark Management system;
• Handle all administrative tasks related to instructing trademark clearance searches, including creating records on our trademark management database and sending instructions to our outside agents and counsel;
• Provide support on the trademark renewal process, including instructing renewals and processing renewal post from outside agents and counsel;
• Assist with the management of our Domain name portfolio, including taking instructions from business, collaborating closely with suppliers in order to secure domain name registrations, assisting with domain name renewals, transfers and acquisitions.
• Check and process trademark registration and renewal certificates;
• Assist with trademark recordal projects;
• Preliminary approve Trademark related invoices;
• Work on other ad hoc formalities projects.
Who we’re looking for
• You have experience of working within the trademark department of a law firm or in-house.
• You enjoy liaising directly with external legal advisors from around the world.
• You have the confidence and collaborative skills to report legal matters directly to senior members of the department.
• You may have already completed or would be willing to take the CITMA Trade Mark paralegal course or similar.
• You are computer literate, pro-active with an attention to detail.
• You are able to prioritize assignments and balance the demands of multiple supervisors and clients.
What we offer
Our success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress.
Join PMI and you too can:
• Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to do things differently, experiment and explore.
• Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
• Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
• Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.