PMI is building a smoke-free future. This is your chance to be part of the biggest transformation in the history of our company.
The transformation touches every part of our business. Our products. The relationships we have with our customers. The partnerships we build. The messages we communicate. The technology we employ. And, every step of the way, Digital has a key part to play, making this an ideal time to join us.
You’ll be part of our Enterprise Analytics and Data team at our international Operations Centre in the beautiful lakeside city of Lausanne, Switzerland.
It’s not just the views that are amazing. Together, we share a very exciting professional outlook. Here, you can look forward to working on digital projects at the heart of our transformation. You’ll relish finding breakthrough solutions to complex new problems and supplying the ideas and innovation that will drive us forward.
You will work in a team of Enterprise Data Architects whose mission is to define and sustain an optimal information and data architecture landscape which is a foundation for PMI strategy to build state of the art digital platforms, innovative analytics capabilities and to build/support a strong data governance.
Bring us your curiosity and your skills and you can become a true pioneer, taking pride in helping to make the future a better place for millions of smokers. It will be a seismic shift for society and a great addition to your CV.
You will be responsible of:
• Engaging in key Digital initiatives to ensure that data is in the heart of the design of new consumer facing digital platform solutions (across e-commerce, customer care, marketing) including related BI solutions.
• Being a key partner to build the PMI data lake by modelling data from source systems, integrated layer and data products using relational and big data technologies. • Working on a constant basis with the digital and IS functions in charge of the platforms implementation.
• Being engaged with the business and IS stakeholders in charge of the Next Generation ERP platforms to define data needs.
• Gradually building the enterprise data map and models using fit for purpose and scalable data modelling methods (relational, data vault and multidimensional modelling). Designing key related data architectures top-down to ensure the integrity and sustainability of the enterprise data models.
• Continuously working with the Data Governance team to ensure alignment between the enterprise data models and the data governance platform (Collibra).
• Working very closely with the Master Data Management organization to ensure an optimal architecture of the Enterprise Master Data and Reference Data. • Being the subject matter expert for PMI data architecture activities. Being part of the team defining the Data Architecture standards and promote them across the organization.
• Continuously interacting with the solution architects, data science, BI and implementation solution project team to ensure adherence of application with the business data need and with the data architecture standards.
• Being an innovator by constantly assessing data architecture industry trends and evolution which could benefit to PMI.
• Master degree in computer sciences, information management, financial or any similar field requiring data architecture, data management or analytics
• Proven experience in data architecture and data modelling is a must.
• Capability to produce and read data models from conceptual to logical.
• Experience in using data modelling platform such PowerDesigner.
• Proven exposure to relational modelling and multidimensional modelling.
• Experience in data and business vault modelling is a plus.
• Experience in building a data governance and data dictionary platform such as Collibra.
• Good knowledge in business process management and its relation with data models.
• Be familiar with master data and reference data concepts. Experience in MDM platform such as SAP-MDG is a plus.
• Knowledge about BI and BiG DATA ecosystem (Hadoop, Hive, Scala, Spark) is a plus.
• Very good communication skills and strong ability to engage at different level in the organization. Work with business stakeholders to translate a business strategy into data architecture. Work with IS/IT stakeholders to conceptualize a physical data model to map it with the business need.
• Work across the organization to promote and familiarize key stakeholders with data models.
• Working in team with high collaboration mindset.
• Used to work in projects using SCRUM methodology.
• Fluent in English.
What we offer:
There are more than 77,000 men and women at PMI, building fulfilling careers. Here are some of the reasons they’ve joined – and stayed with us:
• We’re a global business with huge scope to build a career and broaden your horizons; our people make 1000+ cross-functional moves every year.
• Our people work with ambition, agility and innovative technology, to embrace change and collaborate on challenging projects.
• We’ve been recognized as a Global Top Employer for three years running now and won awards for workplace transparency, and sustainability.
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.