Join the revolution!
Wherever you join our crucial 47,000-strong Operations team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact. PMI’s shift from selling cigarettes to our new smoke-free products has changed the way we work. New products bring new challenges – in the way we source and buy raw materials, in the way we engineer and manufacture, and in our supply chain planning.
Bring us your curiosity and a desire to challenge the everyday and we’ll give you lots of responsibility. You’ll help us improve, inject innovation and create new ways of working. You’ll be solving manufacturing process problems that span the whole world: a smoke-free world.
Do you look for ways to learn and grow in an international environment? Do you want to build a remarkable career? Are you up for a 6-month challenge starting as of August 2020? Then apply now, we are looking for you!
Environmental Engineer Intern
Who we’re looking for:
• Active student in chemical or mechanical engineering
• Deep understanding of process engineering thermodynamics and energy systems integration
• Interested in new technologies and motivated in sustainability areas
• Strong critical thinking, deeply organized and structured
• Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills and easiness in dealing with ambiguity
• Ability to communicate in a clear, simplified and transparent way
• Excellent English Speaker
Your ‘day to day’
You will be joining Manufacturing Solutions (Environmental Solutions) team in PMI Neuchâtel. The team is a passionate community of professionals that drive agility, efficiency and leverage on technology proficiency. The objective of the team is to deliver breakthrough solutions to turn all PMI factories into carbon neutrality by 2030 and therefore contribute to the transformation of PMI.
You will be working mostly in providing a portfolio of the most effective solutions to bring PMI Factories to carbon neutrality. You are expected to:
• Assess technical feasibility of new /emergent energy conversion technologies
• Support design optimization for performance, cost and environmental impact
What we offer
Be a part of a revolutionary change. Although our tobacco brands have been world famous since the 1900s, we now have a bold new vision: to make cigarettes history and create products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
As you take your first steps, you’ll have the backing and brainpower of a multinational business behind you, but with the freedom you’d normally find in a start-up. It’s the perfect start to your career.
Join PMI and you too can take pride in delivering our promise to society. Find out more about this exciting opportunity – visit www.pmi.com today.
We are committed to equal pay by being an equal-salary certified employer globally.