Delve a little deeper into the company, you might be surprised. By the extent and the success of our business. By the diversity of what we do. And by the range of opportunities on offer for our talented and visionary employees.
Joining PMI you quickly realize that it is one of the best employers out there. We’ve built an award-winning, fulfilling, and fun work environment. You’ll develop your skills by learning from others and participating in significant team-based projects.
If you are currently a student who is up for a 6 months challenge starting July 2019 join us to design a smoke free future. Take part of the biggest shift in our history. Step out of your comfort zone. Meet different cultures and personalities every single day. Build a diverse and international network. Be part of something big.
Intern Global Operations CAPEX Engineer
You should have the following skills/experience:
• An education in engineering, industrial, finance or related areas
• Good ability to manage ambiguities
• Autonomous & results oriented
• Motivated, proactive, enthusiastic and rigorous.
• Interact regularly with large groups of cross-functional players
• Proficient user of Microsoft Excel (Macros…), Power BI, Tableau or equivalent & other applications supporting the initiative
• Proficient oral and written communication skills
• Fluent in both written and spoken English
You will join and work in close collaboration with multiple internal functions in Philip Morris International in Lausanne to support reporting enhancement activities linked to our global Operations Capex process.
As an intern within Operations Capex team, we count on you to achieve these following tasks:
• Enhance our reporting capabilities with more automated solutions. i.e excel and other system reporting generation automation generating automated documents (e.g newsletter)
• Support conducting Operation global Governance committee. i.e input consolidation, communication to stakeholders
• Prepare guidelines/documentation for activities’ re allocation
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.