Are you up for a challenge? Are you looking for ways to grow your career? If the answer is “YES” don’t miss this opportunity and apply for a position of:
Electronic Technician within Philip Morris Manufacturing Senegal:
Purpose of the job:
Ensure the functionality, reliability, availability of the production equipment by guaranteeing the safety of the equipment, the performance and the integrity of the product in term of quality and quantity.
• Lead the processes for eliminating losses related to the Electrical & electronic maintenance. Contribute in all activities related to control and breakdown processes with a cost-saving mindset. Lead problem-solving activities using standard problem solving tools such as A3, 5WHY, Pareto, 6W2H & UPS on the line(s) in a timely manner.
• Ensure process settings are regularly analyzed, evaluated and all instrumentation are timely calibrated to ensure quality product and smooth production execution.
• Identify discrepancies of process control systems and instrumentation dysfunctionality, eliminate them and initiate corrective actions preventing production against potential problems.
• Keep the machines running properly by ensuring an optimal level of performance.
• Share the results of diagnosis performed on the equipment and provide a clear report for the all electrical and electronic interventions: corrective, preventive and improvement.
• Ensure proper data exchange between departmental and factory systems incl. the correctness of the readings of a control equipment and cooperate with technical services in elimination of its dysfunctionality.
• Ensure that changes to the applications are securely archived incl. backups as well as the data so that the systems can be put into operation again in case of any stoppage without a loss of data consistency.
• Ensure that the documentation of all the systems within the scope of his/her responsibility is created and updated, including registration of all changes.
• Develop OPL (One Point Lesson) and Troubleshooting for a better understanding of the issues and the right solutions to solve them.
• Actively participate in continuous improvement activities by providing technical support and execution to reduce cost and maximize efficiency under PMI concept.
• Record and update maintenance data and technical documentation in relevant systems.
• Coordinate to recommend spare parts to keep optimal spare parts.
• Coordinate team activities to reach factory objectives.
INSTALLATION & RELOCATION
• Actively participate in preparation for installation, dismantling and / or relocation of production equipment.
• Identify the barriers, define the countermeasures, follow the start-up / ramp-up and define the need to keep the equipment in the expected level.
QA & EHSS
• Ensure full compliance with local legislation, company policies and practices and the IMS.
• Adhere to all Quality, Environment, Health, Safety, and Security (QEHS&S) rules, policies and practices by applying and ensuring workplace and other employee in compliance with norms by local regulation.
• Identify the Gap & constraints linked to QA & EHSS, in the organization and implement appropriate countermeasures accordingly.
• Work closely with electrical team to improve the electrical work process and define the focus areas.
• Ensure a good collaboration with the QA, EHSS, Ops Planning, Supply chain departments and within the production team.
• Work closely with all the department for all the projects in secondary, the tests, the new launches and the programs.
• Support and collaborate during breakdowns and improvement activities.
• High school: at least 3 years in this field, work in Industrial software
• High level of equipment knowledge: (Siemens: S5, S7, Intouch, Beckhoff, WinCC)
• Work with autonomy, able to run analysis and troubleshooting without any supervision.
• Able to run projects on machine installation/relocation and equipment’s performance
• Drive the preventive maintenance and the spare parts consumption analysis.
• Work closely with the regional technical team
• Part time trainer & Ability to Coach others
• Priority settings - Problem solving – Autonomy
• English and French Fluent
• Challenging and very rewarding role with a significant amount of ownership in a dynamic international environment,
• Collaboration with a team of great professionals with limitless possibilities of sharing knowledge with the best experts in their field,
• Participation and leadership of a significant amount of strategic projects that make an impact to the whole organization,
• Excellent career development opportunities,
• Competitive remuneration package with an extensive benefit scheme.
Join a global market leader
Philip Morris International is a leading international tobacco company, with a diverse workforce of around 80,000 people who hail from every corner of the globe.
We are committed to being a great employer and a good corporate citizen. We strive to be environmentally and socially responsible. We are dedicated to fighting the illegal cigarette trade. And we proudly support the communities where we source tobacco and where our employees live and work.
We are dedicated to doing something very dramatic – replacing cigarettes with the smoke-free products that we’re developing and selling. That’s why we have a total of over 400 dedicated scientists, engineers, and technicians developing less harmful alternatives to cigarettes at our two Research & Development sites in Switzerland and Singapore.
It’s the biggest shift in our history. And it’s the right one for our consumers, our company, our shareholders, and society.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, see www.pmi.com