Digital Process Control & Data Engineer / Senior Engineer
Are you passionate about PMI’s future, its culture change being the success driver for the transformation and experiences people go through every day in PMI? Do you look for ways to grow in your job?
If you want to challenge yourself, working in a dynamic & international environment, then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
Digital Process Control System and Data Engineer
PMI has always been a leading company in the sector, but the time of transformation we are currently experiencing is quite exciting and is unprecedented. We are facing one of the greatest transformations in the history of fast-moving consumer goods, and the creation of a vision of a smoke-free future requires enormous courage, resourcefulness and motivation.
As Digital Process Control System and Data Engineer, you will be part of Process Control and Data Engineering department for Philip International and will be reporting to the Manager Process Control & Data Engineering. The position will be based in Crespellano, BO.
A key responsibility will be to support PMI journey into the 4th industrial revolution by leading the identification, the specification, the development, the industrialization and the experimentation of advanced technologies related to the PMI vision of a digital factory. This by working with cross-functional teams from production, engineering, IS and Quality assurance to provide technical recommendation.
Finally, the Systems & Tools Lead will be responsible to ensure industrialization and integration of digital process control solutions within manufacturing environment to improve our performance and quality with technology.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Support Digital Engineering program by identifying manufacturing areas of improvements where advanced technologies can be applied and bring added value.
• Identify and lead global industrialization projects. (e.g. machine to machine / machine to system / machine internal communication, machine learning, big data analytics, in-process control systems).
• Define priorities, prepare projects and presentations to management (e.g. Business Case; User Requirement Specifications, Request for Proposals…)
• Support the development, industrialization and testing of process control solutions
• Establish digital process control governance and ensure affiliation model for PMI affiliates.
• Coordinate, maintain and improve governance of digital initiative and project review.
• Manage the communication with various stakeholders (e.g. Equipment suppliers, our worldwide manufacturing centers, central functions, IT departments etc.).
• Ensure digital process control systems validation in compliance with applicable regulations. (i.e. Installation Qualification (IQ); Operational Qualification (OQ); Performance Qualification (PQ))
• Coordinate the global development, standardization and continuous improvement of Process Control systems.
• Coordinate the activities with the different stakeholders (e.g. OEMS, equipment suppliers, affiliates, CoE's, other functions)
• Global and regional coordination of the subject matter experts.
• Provide knowledge transfer and expertise on the subject of Process Control & Data Engineering.
Requirements & Skills:
• University degree in Engineering, Automation and Robotics / Computer Science / Equivalent*
* If the required engineering degree is not present, the incumbent is having the proper knowledge and is able to fulfill the technical competencies for this position.
• 3-5 years’ experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Process control, Automation, Robotics with experience in machine to machine, machine to system communication and Industrial Internet of Things solution (IIOT)
• 5 years' experience in project management
• 3 years' experience in Business Process Tobacco Industry and Information Flow Design
• Fluent in English written and spoken
• Understand and knowledgeable about:
o Computer technologies, Database system and technology
o Distributed Information Systems (e.g. networking, client server, cloud…)
o Industrial Automation and Robotics processes
o Cyber-physical systems (e.g. industry 4.0, IIoT platform…)
o Operating systems (e.g. MS window, Linux, MacOS…)
o MS Offices software (e.g. Word, Excel, VBA, Powerpoint...)
o Basic computer programming languages (e.g. C++, Java, Python…)
o Experience in OPC UA
o Practical experience in computerized system validation
• Additional assets:
o Advanced programming skills in main computer languages (e.g. C++, Java, Python…)
o Machine data processing analytics and descriptive statistics (data engineering)
o Image Recognition
Grade level from: 9 (Engineer) to 11 (Senior Engineer)
Recruiter: Larissa Hirata
Relocation package offered
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering:
competitive wage conditions and the chance at potentially unlimited growth, thanks to performance monitoring systems that merge the talents of persons with their professional aspirations and allow for a constant growth of different proficiencies.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna is Philip Morris International's first center for personnel training and prototyping, industrialization, and large-scale production of potentially reduced risk products (RRPs).