Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? Then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
Manager Engineering Electronics
We don’t just want any manager, here is our checklist:
• University degree or equivalent (Physics, Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Engineering or related degree), Ph.D. or Master Degree preferred.
• Solid experience in the consumer electronics industry (engineering - product development, industrialization, manufacturing) as well as previous successful exposure in management (functional, management of complex product projects)
• Experience in financial management (budgeting and reporting) and agility in operating in an international / multi-cultural environment.
• Project management experiences in product development and/or deployment, knowledge of six sigma preferred.
• Ability to build effective project teams and foster a strong collaborative culture internally and with external parties
• Strong problem solving and organizational capabilities coupled with proven leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
• Strong reputation in engaging in proactive behavior and seizing opportunities
• Fluent in English both written and spoken.
If you possess the above mentioned profile then you are the one we want to meet for staffing our Engineering Electronics’ team within the Electronics business unit, in Philip Morris International S.A., based in Neuchatel, Switzerland.
As a Manager Engineering Electronics you will lead a cross-functional team dedicated to critical component management and drive team members by defining clear goals, monitoring performances of individuals and propose adequate development & training program, thus contributing to maximize overall performances, motivation and retention.
Your specific responsibilities will be to:
• Define coherent and sustainable strategy of Critical Component usage in RRP device portfolio to maximize existing technologies and investment, to promote modular approach early in development phase and establish robust long-term partnership with suppliers, leading to cost effective solutions for required capacity.
• Drive early identification of suitable technologies, manufacturing processes and optimal partners to ensure large scale manufacturing capabilities, multi-sourcing strategy and cost effective model in order to bring best decision in required time by senior management.
• Provide support and expertise to Asia E-Hub organization on Critical Component when special situations require cross-functional management with central functions and/or suppliers.
• Drive early identification of cost implications (SVC, investment) during the device development phases.
• Establish and maintain an overall supervision of investments related to Critical Components, equipment lifetime/depreciation models, cost improvement initiatives thus in close collaboration with involved departments.
• Influence decision making by providing visibility on Critical Component during device version transitions on associated LOGD exposure, parts and equipment obsolescence.
Processes & Governance:
• Lead creation or improvement of processes & governance models specific to Critical Component between central functions (PDEV, MSAT, Supply Chain & Procurement) and E-Hub in order to gain organizational efficiency.
• Drive, cross functionally, definition & documentation of processes for Critical Component required during pre-commercialization (PDEV, MSAT, Electronics) through global alignment.
• Contribute to implementation and adherence to FDA MRTP (Modified Risk Tobacco Products) and MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency) electronic device processes and governance, in the scope of Critical Components.
Why work for us?
1) We are international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
2) We are flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible work Arrangement Program;
3) We are a certified top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
And rest assured, as the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women, our competitive salary and compensation package is for all our employees!
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online.
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25 EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.