Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a remarkable career? Then apply now. We are currently looking for:
Sr Sustainable Design Engineer
With the following requirements:
• Master’s or PhD Degree in Engineering, Science, Sustainability, or any related field
• 5-10 years of relevant sustainability experience, preferably in electronics or consumer goods design and development
• Excellent project management skills, and knowledge of sustainability evaluations and software (LCA, SIMAPRO, GaBi, ISO Standards)
• Solid experience in product design for the electronics and/or consumer goods industry, working knowledge of sustainable design methodologies and implementation
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Complex problem solving and investigation capabilities
• Strong reputation in engaging in can-do behavior and seizing opportunities
• Fluency in English (both written and oral)
If you possess the above mentioned profile then you are the one we want to meet for staffing the Sr Sustainable Design Engineer vacancy in our Sustainability Electronics team within the Sustaining Engineering Business Unit, based in Lausanne, Switzerland.
As a Sr Sustainable Design Engineer, you will contribute towards the expansion, implementation, and governance of product design sustainability. You will ensure that each new development considers the implications of sustainability. You will also establish adequate measures to report on and evaluate the progress of targets and objectives.
• Actively handle the execution of sustainable design practices across multiple platforms and functional teams
• Lead the implementation of sustainable design requirements, establish governance and measure their effectiveness, by applying multi-functional project management
• Handle and deliver sustainability projects and product performance evaluations (such as life-cycle assessments) within the development stage-gate process
• Implement and reinforce new strategies for product assessment, by combining technical need, timeliness, and cost advantages
• Act as a representative of the electronics sustainability team on assigned product developments, and provide necessary mentorship to development teams
• Foster meaningful relationships with internal and external partners to ensure project scopes, budgets, schedules and timelines are respected
• Ensure compliance to PMI policies, technical standards and legislation related to RRP Devices as defined by the company QMS (processes)
Why work for us? Here are 3 reasons PMI is the ultimate Employer:
1. We’re international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
2. We’re flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible Work Arrangement Program; and
3. We’re a certified top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
As the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women, our competitive salary and compensation package is for all our employees.
Join a global market leader
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online.
A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PMI affiliates do not accept referrals from employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. Should an employment agency take any action in respect of such a vacancy, their actions will have been taken without the request or agreement of any PMI affiliate, no PMI affiliate shall be liable for any fees in such circumstances.