You may have heard of Philip Morris International (PMI), the world’s leading Tobacco Company and the maker of Marlboro – the undisputed number one cigarette brand in the world.
But PMI is about more than cigarettes. We’ve made a significant business decision to go “smoke-free” and work towards a world where non-combustible tobacco and nicotine products may one day replace cigarettes.
Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? You will be employed in Hong Kong under Philip Morris Asia Limited (PMAL). PMAL operates as a subsidiary of Philip Morris International, Inc.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
We're now laying the foundation to make our smoke-free vision a reality and we're looking to recruit a Product Services Engineer.
• Execute the new product initiatives, line extensions, product changes, maintenance projects and any other feasibility or improvement trials concerning electronic devices
• Plan and coordinate efficiently between PMI (Product Commercialization Project Leaders, Electronic Development Team and EMS factories.
• Support EMS factories to ensure all new products or changes in existing products are well understood and executed in line with the electronic devices product requirements.
• Ensure product quality standard and minimize wastage by liaising with supply chain planning
• Monitor all projects tasks and milestones through a comprehensive project report database, and prepare risk assessments and solutions in case of project delays.
• Coordinate with EMS Specification Office and ensure that a Product Guideline is approved and released prior first production of new product launches.
• Prepare a post-first production evaluation report of highly critical or big/complex projects, for continuous improvement purposes.
Essential Skills and competencies:
• A College/University Bachelor degree of Science, Business, or Engineering degree or any other allied sciences is required.
• A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in Electronic Devices or FMCG Product Development or Manufacturing/QA/Supply Chain environment with knowledge in Process and Project Management is expected for this role.
• Have an open mind, focus on team work and collaboration, while utilizing your tactful and diplomatic negotiation skills when necessary.
• Achievement and result-oriented, and bring strong learning and analytical skills and good problem solving skills
• Manage project timelines by setting priorities and effectively communicating and influencing a wide range of stakeholders, including supply chain and third party logistics
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Mar 31, 2019, PMI estimates that approximately 7.3 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 47 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.