Purpose of the Job:
Drive company expertise in project management execution utilizing the best mindset and methods that support New Ways of Working. Lead a pool of project managers and scrum masters to successfully deliver strategic programs and projects prioritized by the management team. This role requires a close cross-functional collaboration with the extended leadership team and influencing a wide variety of the internal stakeholders.
Accountability 1 : Project execution management
Develop and manage all aspects of project and program execution delivery throughout all lifecycles for strategic PMJ initiatives.
- Manage complex initiatives that span one or multiple layers of the organization, including driving best framework around management of communications, resources, change, risks and issues
-Ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards. Map out execution interdependencies and critical path between programs, portfolios and organization functions
Accountability 2 : Project governance management
Establish an effective execution framework of the projects and ensure the operating model functions across PMJ.
- Manage successful execution of 100+ concurrent initiatives in compliance with defined governance model
- Adapt industry best practices to meet PMJ’s New Ways of Working mindset to optimize engagement and efficiency
-Establish best practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature project management capabilities for the organization. Ensuring relevant company standards and process are upheld.
- Ensure the reports and related insights are leveraged in the project execution to be aligned with Management Team’s priorities
- Implement best practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmarks and use continuous process improvement disciplines to optimize project execution governance
Accountability 3 : Project resource management
Govern pool of project managers and scrum masters. Manage work loading and capacity allocations.
-Develop optimized staffing strategy and model for project execution
-Identify project management training needs and conduct training/coaching
-Perform project reviews (assess the health of a project or lead a small team in doing so)
- Proven experience (i.e. approx. 10yrs) in project management. A track record of delivering complex programs/projects
- Proven stakeholder management skills, working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
- PMO experiences obtained in a PBO mature industry
- Robust skills to drive project based organization in a complex and fast pace environment including Scrum, Kanban, Lean Thinking, Lean Startup, Design Thinking, Process Optimization, agile practices, patterns and techniques, Waterfall (e.g. PMBOK)
- Change management framework and practice
- Stakeholder management: influence and network in a matrix environment, create a sense of community, ability to build credibility, trust, and rapport with stakeholders at all levels, demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems while building a collaboration, making decisions and identifying priorities
- Fundamental understanding on business end to end: product, commercialization, channels and touchpoints and consumer journey.
- High in communication skills with all the organizational layers: strong presentation skills, translate complex information to concise and clear communication contents, meeting facilitation with solid time management (large and diverse meeting group)
- Strong logical thinking coupled with disciplined operations
- High attention to detail e.g. in data management quality
- Very good organization and planning skills. Plans 2-3 steps ahead. Pro-actively anticipates management governance needs
- Self-starter with strong forward thinking who takes the initiative and identifies gaps in the projects/programs governance and makes recommendations proactively