Play an active role in the biggest transformation in the history of Phillip Morris International. We are committed to an impactful and dramatic change, replacing cigarettes with cutting edge, smoke-free products. The mission of the Global Communications team is to actively tell our innovation and business transformation story to engage society and speed our transition to a smoke-free future.
As Counsel, Digital and Data Privacy, you will support the business with managing all legal aspects related to regulatory compliance, competition law, marketing, sales, commercial and corporate law, intellectual property, data protection, e-commerce and any other matters pertaining to digital and privacy law.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Providing legal advice regarding privacy compliance requirements and opportunities for improvement of privacy policies, cookies policies
• Providing running data protection impact assessments of various digital programs involving personal data processing
• Leading in developing guidelines, training and tools to support privacy accountability and compliance in digital marketing and corporate communications
• Working cross-functionally with business to provide guidance and practical solutions on a range of legal issues
• Integrate with the business, understand the challenges of the industry, and roll out of programmatic advice across media buying services
• Work with big media partners, advising internal clients on how to manage these relationships with platforms and search engines
• Thrive in a very fast paced environment, and be able to keep up with the global transformation of PMI, jump into projects which perhaps have already been started previously
• Devise strategies on how to bring in influencers (celebrities for example), and advise on the data privacy around such initiatives
• Provide training to internal stakeholders
• Be open minded and able to advise on new innovations and technologies which are available.
• Professional legal qualification
• Experience as counsel in a law firm or in an in-house legal team specializing in international commercial work in the field of technology and data protection
• Expertise in drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements is essential
• Up to date on both current and emerging legal issues relating to technology
• Experience of delivering training and awareness activities is an advantage
• English fluent (native speaker or near-native speaker proficiency)
WHY WORK FOR US?
Why work for us? Here are 3 reasons to work for PMI:
1) We’re international: Our global workforce of more than 82,000 is one of our greatest strengths and our employees speak more than 80 languages
2) We’re flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible Work Arrangement Program; and
3) We’re a certified top employer: This position will advance your experience with innovative technologies, services, and processes. Backed by an attractive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional setting with clients and team members from all over the world.
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI’s smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A valid work permit is required for this position.