Are you passionate about PMI’s future, its culture change being the success driver for the transformation and experiences people go through every day in PMI? Do you look for ways to grow in your job?
If you want to challenge yourself, working in a dynamic & international environment, then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
PMI has always been a leading company in the sector, but the time of transformation we are currently experiencing is quite exciting and is unprecedented. We are facing one of the greatest transformations in the history of fast-moving consumer goods, and the creation of a vision of a smoke-free future requires enormous courage, resourcefulness and motivation.
As Quality Engineer, you will be part of our Quality department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna S.p.A. and will be reporting to the Manager Quality Assurance. The position will be based in Bologna.
A key responsibility will be provide a full Quality support and expertise to other departments in order to achieve a high level of Quality material, product and process.
In your role, you will be responsible for initiating improvements related to processes and products, providing technical or analytical direction to solve quality and/or operational issues while looking for productivity and standardization opportunities.
Finally, the Quality Engineer will ensure the improvement and/or maintenance of local Quality Management System (QMS) with related procedures in alignment with QMS Compliance and Central Quality.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Quality Support: Provide technical Quality support and expertise in order to improve material, products and Quality performances. Provide support for the review/update of the manufacturing process characterization.
• Non-Conformities Management: Investigate in a timely manner non-conformities and deviation. Take the decision to quarantine the non-conforming material/products and liaise with concerned parties to find out the root cause and take relevant preventives/correctives actions.
• Quality Management System: Define, establish and maintain a Quality Management System. Coordinate and support the establishment of all related procedures supporting good manufacturing practices and approve all procedures.
• Lead initiatives in order to improve the quality standards of products. Support the work team to plan the tests and the analysis needed availing herself/himself of the concept of: Total Quality, Lean Manufacturing and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
• Complaints: Establish a system to identify, record and evaluate internal or external quality complaints and investigate and resolve critical deviations. Define and implement a monitoring system for consumer and customer complaints through when appropriate historical data and trend analysis to identify potential deviations and preventive actions. Ensure execution and update of monthly, weekly and on demand quality reports.
• Audit Support: Lead and/or make sure internal audits (self-inspections) including quality system audits, infestation control and external audits are appropriately performed and corrective actions identified, followed-up and documented.
• Collaboration: Ensure a strong partnership with internal/external stakeholders focusing on collaboration and information exchange in order to ensure excellent quality and Compliance with our requirements, standardization and continuous improvement. Execute internal and external training to all PMI employees, as subject matter expert in QMS, quality process and product in order to drive and share excellence within PMI.
• Health, Safety & Environment: Promote and apply all rules concerning PMI Quality, environment, health and safety. Report all situations requiring actions in order to minimize or eliminate risks exposure to personnel, company assets and societal impacts and be in line with or ahead of any applicable Law requirements and Company standards.
Requirements & Skills:
• University degree in in Biological Sciences, Physical Sciences, Engineering or equivalent or equivalent skills through demonstrated experience
• 3-5 years’ experience in quality Assurance in tobacco, food, pharmaceutical or similar industry
• Advanced knowledge of relevant standards (ISO, ICH, GMP).
• Well-developed IT skills and project management skills.
• Advanced knowledge on Quality tools, root cause analysis, analytical skills, statistical tool knowledge
• Fluent in English written and spoken and desirable Italian.
Grade level from: 7-9
Recruiter: Rita Gherardi
Employment Type: Local to local
Relocation package offered
WHAT WE OFFER
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering:
competitive wage conditions and the chance at potentially unlimited growth, thanks to performance monitoring systems that merge the talents of persons with their professional aspirations and allow for a constant growth of different proficiencies.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a much better consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna is Philip Morris International's first center for personnel training and prototyping, industrialization, and large-scale production of potentially reduced risk products (RRPs).