Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a remarkable career? Then apply now! We’re currently looking for:
With the following requirements:
• College: laboratory technician in chemistry area
• Minimum 2 years of experience in laboratory accredited environment (ISO 17025)
• At least 3-5 years in the area of analytical chemistry related to gas and liquid chromatography
• Comfort with quality systems and database management (LIMS)
• Basic knowledge of GLP principles is an asset
• Great teammate with a high level of integrity
• Fast learner with proven analytical skills and developed critical thinking
• Fluency in French and English is a plus
If you possess all of the above, then you are the one we want for our QA Central Lab Team, within the Product Testing Department in Philip Morris Products S.A., based in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
As a QC Technician, you will be responsible for providing high quality analytical data from tobacco products. This also includes improvement of current activities and/or validation of new analytical methods in order to support the Reduced Risk Products (RRPs).
Your specific responsibilities will be:
• Perform quantification of constituents in tobacco products by physical and chemical analyses like Karl-Fischer, GC-FID/TCD, GC-MS and/or LC-MS for both conventional and Reduced Risk Products according to the analytical methods
• Participate to the development and validation of analytical methods and qualification of instruments used
• Work in close collaboration with the production personnel, so as to make sure that necessary skills and good practices are implemented in line with the PMI quality standards
• Write methodology reports and protocols, respecting the best laboratory practices
• Hold the responsibility of instruments maintenance, by elaborating effective problem-solving techniques
• Ensure that all your duties are performed in accordance to ISO 17025 standards
Why work for us?
1. We are international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
2. We are flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible work Arrangement Program;
3. We are a certified top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
And rest assured, as the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women, our competitive salary and compensation package is for all our employees!
Join a global market leader
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online.
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25 EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.