We’ve built the world’s most successful cigarette company, with the world’s most popular and iconic brands. Now we’ve made a dramatic decision. We will be far more than a leading cigarette company. We’re building PMI’s future on smoke-free products that are a much better choice than cigarette smoking.
As PMI continues to amplify its transformation as a company committed to a smoke-free future, it views communications as strategically critical to building on the company’s established success and reinforcing its reputation in a fast-changing, complex and competitive global media landscape. We tell our product, financial, innovation and culture stories and engage consumer audiences on issues they care about, while working closely with other publicity and marketing groups to infuse these stories within their efforts.
As a result, the Global Communications department is also rapidly transforming itself. This includes moving to a real-time response system focused on all of our customers and their needs; embracing an omnichannel world where news can be created by anyone, anywhere, anytime; respecting policies of governments while working hard to promote our better-for-you programs around IQOS and heated tobacco products; and doing our best to build sustainable business practices consistent with 21st-century values.
You will lead and manage highly complex and multi-year Scientific Engagement programs with the purpose of creating external awareness, understanding and acceptance of PMIs vision & transformation and tobacco harm reduction, by sharing our science and the impacts of smoke-free product on public health. You will be driving and managing cross-functional internal and external teams (agencies & third-party providers) and address multiple partners within and beyond Global Communications such as: External Affairs (EA), Product Development, Consumer Insights, R&D, digital etc.
• Define and develop the strategic engagement planning according to business and regulatory requirements to advance the dialog on tobacco harm reduction science and PMIs smoke-free future;
• Grow and evolve creative strategies to support novel collaborative and engagement opportunities that further the scientific awareness and acceptance within and outside the company;
• Identify and drive strategic opportunities, develop business cases and operational plans together with internal/external stakeholders, identifying & using opportunities to drive cross-functional collaboration and alignment;
• Work with the Regional Heads of Scientific Engagement to realize and align strategies and deliverables to optimize activities across markets, regional and the global functions. Identify and engage with internal partners from different functions to find opportunities to integrate scientific engagement within the strategic engagement planning. Lead the effort to define and develop a framework to streamline the process and accomplish the execution of the engagement strategy as planned;
• Mobilize resources and budget, build project and program teams to realize the execution of a program/project;
• Ensure cross-functional alignment within the Scientific Engagement and Medical affairs team, but also with global communication, external affairs, digital, consumer insights, R&D and ensure organizational support for the execution of the plans. Report Program status to Program Steering Committees and Management;
• Identify, support and maintain strategic partnerships with scientific associations, organizations, and Key Opinion Leaders;
• Actively and quickly resolve program/project related issues. Identify and resolve conflicts at Program Team and functional team level.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
• University degree, life sciences could be a benefit
• Program or project management with multi-/cross-function team management
• Experience in a global organization and product assessment Program Management
• Knowledge and experience working within the pharmaceutical industry managing research programs
• Deep understanding and proven knowledge in managing scientific research and development
• Advanced knowledge of the process/principles and regulatory and business requirements
Philip Morris International: Delivering a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heat-not-burn and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of March 31, 2019, PMI estimates that approximately 7.3 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heat-not-burn product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, please visit www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
PMI is an equal-opportunity employer.