Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? Then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
Supervisor Chemical Method Development
With the following requirements:
• Degree in chemistry (Master’s, PhD, HES, EPF level or equivalent)
• Proven working experience in the area of analytical chemistry with good level of know-how in analytical techniques, including method development and validation.
• Previous experience in a laboratory accredited environment (ISO 17025) in a managerial position
• Experience in quality systems and database management (LIMS/EDMS) and good Knowledge of ISO 17025, ICH
• Deep knowledge in various analytical techniques, such as GC-FID, GC-MS, ICP-MS and LC-MS/MS
• Effective communication, as well as time and people management skills
If you are also good with deadlines, teamwork and feedback from different partners and management, while operating in a changing environment, you are the one we want for our Method Development team, in Philip Morris Products S.A., Science and Innovation, in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
As a Supervisor Analytical Method Development, you will supervise a team of analytical chemists and provide technical mentorship on projects to ensure delivery of robust, precise and accurate analytical methodologies. You will use scientific/engineering knowledge to perform analyses, using appropriate analytical technologies and conduct research, development, and project activities. You will also participate in the crafting of project schedules, estimate test plans, and make recommendations for technical alternatives.
Your specific responsibilities will be to:
• Supervise activities of scientists and develop the team, so as to deliver accurate, precise and robust methods, as well as high quality documents related to method development and validation.
• Develop and validate methodologies according to internal directives. Ensure that staff executes testing protocols as defined in the related validation protocol and report the results in appropriate validation/development reports.
• Develop and recommend technical analytical alternatives, designs and/or design improvements.
• Contribute towards the development of project scopes, schedules & estimates and follow planning related to your project plans.
• Present progresses against plans to main partners (product development team and laboratory staff) in a timely fashion, and always ensure adherence to business requirements.
• Adhere and follow all EHS rules, policies and quality procedures. Inform about any deviation and implement corrective actions as per internal directives.
• Advise as technical subject expert for certain technical aspects of projects/processes within the group. Recommend analytical technical alternatives, improvements on methodologies and support their implementation in collaboration with the related laboratories. Advise regarding the acquisition of new technologies within the laboratories.
Why work for us?
1. We are international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
2. We are flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible work Arrangement Program;
3. We are a certified top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
And rest assured, as the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women, our competitive salary and compensation package is for all our employees!
Join a global market leader
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online.
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25 EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.