Here at PMI we want to be far more than a leading cigarette company. We’re building PMI’s future on smoke-free products that are a much better choice than cigarette smoking. Indeed, our vision – for all of us at PMI – is that these products will one day replace cigarettes. Could you be part of a truly dynamic worldwide team dedicated to an ambitious new vision? To shape our future we need the best, most hardworking, most forward-looking talent in the global job market.
We would like to hire a Strategic Global Employee Listening and Insights Manager for our new digital hub in central London near St Paul’s cathedral.
About the Role
A strategic global employee listening and insights manager to join our Global People and Culture (HR) Analytics and Insights team. This role will lead the newly created employee listening and insights team, suiting a person who can bring a wealth of experience in employee or consumer research and insights to devise, deploy and operate an innovative new employee listening strategy, governance and service delivery model for all PMI’s employee listening initiatives.
This will involve embedding employee listening methodologies into a well-coordinated, technology-driven and agile employee listening service. The output of the team is to create actionable insights that make improvements to our transformation activities, employee experience and engagement and ultimately drive our smoke-free future. The focus of the role is cover all aspects of the insights delivery from understanding the insights requirements / business question to execution of the research method to the production of high quality insights.
• Constructing and embedding a tailored and innovative employee listening strategy and translating this into: an operating model; service catalogue and delivery model; governance model; insights and analytics approach which is inspired by technology and latest practices.
• Partnering with senior internal customers who are the main customers of employee research initiatives and guiding them through the initial proposal phase, research design, execution and actionable insights development.
• Taking the lead to facilitate research and insights meetings at every stage of the research cycle. Creating a true partnership model and having the gravitas and expertise to challenge thinking to create more focused, coordinated and better quality insights.
• Creating clear customers accountability models and ensuring that all internal customers are communicated to at each phase of the research process, so that they are fully engaged and able to turn insights to action
• Being an integral leader to the broader P&C Analytics agenda, working as part of an integrated team on cross team initiatives and analyses
• Leading a global team, coaching and engaging the team to constantly improve operations and insights
• Handling vendors to build the research strategy, coordinate research, integrate and operate the technology, especially Qualtrics as our research platform
• Handling all aspects of the technology platform, including the data models, system integration and user experience
• Creating robust, action-orientated and highly professional research insights that answer priority questions and makes the best use of our other employee data and technology
• Creating, embedding and working by a structured governance model that meets differing support needs of all internal customers, while creating a clear and well-coordinated research operations
• Experience at senior manager or director level either within an organisation or for an agency in delivering end to end global consumer insights or employee research
• Being able to deploy such methods as Natural Language Programming (NLP), sentiment analysis, thematic analysis, social media scrapping, conjoint analysis, driver analysis, clustering and segmentation and factor analysis etc.
• Experienced in traditional qualitative and quantitative methods e.g. cross-tab analysis.
• Able to consolidate the number of surveys and surveying questions and / or using methods that are focused, more pulse-like, less intrusive and time-demanding to the end user
• Highly numerate with a comprehensive understanding of research methods and statistics, as part of conducting research and creating insights, such as different sampling techniques across multiple global surveys, advanced statistical analyses, and testing such as multi-variable driver / factor analysis
• A good awareness of the principles of GDPR and other employee data privacy, ethics and confidentiality frameworks.
• Expertise in translating employee or consumer research into actionable insights through a consultative approach with clients and key internal customers
• Able to automate the creation of insights for pulse research, to monitor and communicate trends
• Able to story-tell and translate analysis and insights into actionable recommendations as well as produce and present highly professional reports and automated dashboards to senior leaders at PMI
• Able to understand and empathize with the work and challenges of People and Culture professions and employees, in all aspects of the research; considering the way that research will translate into action and the experience of employees in being part of multiple research initiatives
WHY WORK FOR US?
Here are 3 reasons to join PMI:
1. We’re international: Our global workforce of more than 70,000 and our employees speak more than 80 languages
2. We’re flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible Work Arrangement Program; and
3. We’re a certified top employer: This position will advance your experience with innovative technologies, services, and processes. Backed by an attractive salary and compensation package, you will work in a professional environment and team members from all over the world. We are the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women.
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI’s smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.