We’ve built the world’s most successful cigarette company, with the world’s most popular and iconic brands. Now we’ve made a dramatic decision. We will be far more than a leading cigarette company. We’re building PMI’s future on smoke-free products that are a much better choice than cigarette smoking.
As PMI continues to amplify its transformation as a company committed to a smoke-free future, it views communications as strategically critical to building on the company’s established success and reinforcing its reputation in a fast-changing, complex and competitive landscape. We tell our product, financial, innovation and culture stories and engage consumer audiences on issues they care about, while working closely with other groups to infuse these stories within their efforts.
We are looking for a Manager of External Affairs who will help to lead affiliate management in the development and implementation of an integrated regulatory, fiscal strategy in order to obtain stability, predictability and business growth.
• Participate in advocacy engagements but not limited to political, bureaucratic and industry stakeholders, and other relevant opinion leaders to build allies/coalitions in support of tobacco harm reduction and the creation of a welcoming RRP environment in Vietnam.
• Support the education of internal stakeholders on regulatory/business environment and science behind PMI's RRP efforts
• Provide support to regulatory affairs initiatives by regular update of regulatory dossier of tobacco industry & tobacco control and best practices on regulatory anti-illicit trade issues as well as PMI views and positions in support of comprehensive tobacco control regulation focused on harm reduction to key stakeholders.
• Provide expertise, knowledge and advice to local management on current and emerging tobacco issues and the evolution of societal expectations in order to increase understanding on how these issues impact the overall business strategy to develop appropriate business strategies for long-term growth
Essential Skills & Competencies
• At least 8 years of regulatory and government affairs experience required with sound knowledge of national government and legislative structure & understanding of public/private sector dynamic
• Be capable to work (and influence) with different stakeholders in an unique complex business environment (internal and external)
• Demonstrate the ability to work sensitively, and effectively, within and across diverse teams
• Be an entrepreneurial self-starter who comes up with new approaches and is eager to try those out
The Manager of External Affairs will report to the Director External Affairs