Are you passionate about Philip Morris International’s future, its culture change being the success driver for the transformation and experiences people go through every day in Philip Morris International (PMI)? Do you look for ways to grow in your job?
If you want to challenge yourself, working in a dynamic & international environment, then
apply now! We are currently looking for a:
Supervisor Fiscal Affairs & International Trade
PMI has always been a leading company in the sector and the time of transformation we are currently experiencing is even more exciting and unprecedented. We are facing one of the greatest transformations in the history of fast-moving consumer goods, and the creation of a vision of a smoke-free future requires enormous courage, resourcefulness and motivation.
As Supervisor Fiscal Affairs & International Trade you will contributes to the development and ensure the implementation of the overall Regulatory and Government Affairs action plan, by managing directly projects and activities that are able to shape a balanced regulatory, fiscal and trade environment at national and international level, developing an appropriate engagement plan, in line with company's global transformation and vision.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Contribute to the development of the overall Regulatory and Government Affairs strategy and action plan, with a focus on the evolution of the fiscal, customs and international trade framework, by ensuring appropriate alignment with all External Affairs functions and other PM IT departments, in order to support the achievement of the overall External Affairs function goals.
• Implement in fully autonomy projects, initiatives and activities to support the achievement of the Regulatory and Government Affairs goals, with a specific accountability on fiscal, customs and international trade ones, looking to the national, EU and international context.
• Develop in fully autonomy qualitative and quantitative analysis, notes and presentations, also regarding technical issues, in order to support External Affairs function plans and goals.
• Identify and deal directly with relevant internal and external stakeholders on key business issues and opportunities, also extending networks and fields of action.
• Ensure adequate and effective monitoring of the legislative development at national, EU and international level and share it with External Affairs department, External Affairs management team and PM IT senior management when appropriate.
• Contribute to EU and global External Affairs’ projects and initiatives, also interacting with European and international External Affairs management team.
• Manage and coordinate, in cooperation with the Legal Department, the relationship with all the other relevant internal functions, in order to supervise the entire go-to-market process for Italy, in the context of national and EU laws, rules and procedures.
• Provide support and inputs to company's business planning process, in cooperation with Finance department, mainly looking to the evolution of the market and fiscal framework.
• Ensures adequate and effective support to the MD and the Senior Management in their external engagement activities
• University Degree in Economics, Law, Political Sciences, International Relations, Business Administration
• A minimum of 4 years experience in External Affairs departments (mainly in regulated businesses), or policy-making think tanks, or consultancy firms.
• Knowledge of national/EU/international legislative framework.
• Proven experience in dealing with complex national, european and global dossiers.
• Agility to work in complex and fluid environment with tight deadlines.
• Entrepreneurship, positive attitude, attention to details.
• Strong communication and analytical skills, with proven capability to deal with economic and quantitative analysis.
• Fluent in Italian and English.
• Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point.
• A valid working permit for EU is requested.
For Internal Candidates:
WHAT WE OFFER:
Our company offers you a new and fresh scientific perspective. Here, you will never stop exploring and discovering: competitive wage conditions and the chance at potentially unlimited growth, thanks to performance monitoring systems that merge the talents of persons with their professional aspirations and allow for a constant growth of different proficiencies. In case of internal move, we offer L2L contract.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
We are a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the United States of America. We are building our future on smoke-free products that are a valid consumer choice than continuing to smoke cigarettes.
Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, we aim to ensure that our smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. Our vision is that these products ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adult smokers, society, our company and our shareholders. For more information, see our PMI and PMI Science websites.
Philip Morris Italia is an Italian affiliate of Philip Morris International, a leading company in the tobacco world. With almost 1000 employees, it is engaged in the development and commercialization of smoke-free products.