Over the past three years, Philip Morris has made a dramatic pivot towards focusing on its Reduced-Risk Product (RRP) portfolio, particularly on its flagship product, IQOS. This product is one step forward to towards creating a “smoke-free future” for legal age smokers who want to continue to enjoy tobacco, but are seeking smoke-free alternatives. Philip Morris Ltd. ("PML") in Israel is having an organization-wide transformation in ways of working, culture, and strategy, with emphasis on Retail.
PML is looking for an experienced Head of PMO to establish and nurture a project management approach within the organization; to bring a business perspective and to orchestrate high level stakeholders and initiatives of the organization to support the transformational shift to a Project Based Organization (PBO).
What your job will look like
You will work in a highly dynamic and international environment, reporting to the Director of Finance. You will have a cross-organizational role and have the opportunity to influence the most strategic initiatives, project management processes and tools. You will work closely with the entire leadership level of the organization and along with multidisciplinary experts while driving a project based mindset focused on efficiency, effectiveness and synergy. Perceived as an expert for portfolio and project management, your knowledge and support will be sought after by employees across all levels.
• Lead the establishment and application of project management methodologies, techniques and processes across all strategic initiatives.
• Provide necessary project management support guidance to project managers and be the bridge to the region, based in Switzerland
• Deliver frequent status/KPI updates, risk analyses and mitigation tactics, resource allocation to local & Regional Management on portfolio per project.
• Provide an integrative view and analysis of the various project aspects to enable better decisions making by stakeholders.
• Coach new project managers on methodology and approach.
• Closely collaborate with the People & Culture team to establish a project based organization.
• Promote knowledge and learnings sharing within the established framework by the Regional PMO.
• Assume the role of strategic advisor to the leadership team of Philip Morris Israel
• Existing background in Information Systems such as service now, team work and any other project management system or demonstrated ability to independently learn new systems
• 2-3 years' experience as a PMO in a global company
• Experience in project and portfolio management or PMP certification
• Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodology
• Expert in Microsoft Office with heightened focus on Excel, Outlook, Word
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven stakeholder management experience
• Customer and service-minded, pragmatic attitude
• Ability to work independently and to define deadlines in a flexible multi-discipline environment; solution minded, precise and practical
• Fluent in the English language, both oral and written – essential; other languages are an advantage
• Program management from initiation through implementation, including strategic planning, business case application, budget preparation and management, quality assurance and testing management, resource management (internal and external staff) through project completion.
• Development of business cases, including ROI / NPV analysis
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English
• MBA from a top university. Preferred – from a leading international institution
• Business background as former consultant is an advantage
Who we are?
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products.
As of December 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand.
For more information, please visit www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.