You may have heard of Philip Morris International (PMI), the world’s leading Tobacco Company and the maker of Marlboro – the undisputed number one cigarette brand in the world.
But PMI is about more than cigarettes. We’ve made a significant business decision to go “smoke-free” and work towards a world where non-combustible tobacco and nicotine products may one day replace cigarettes.
Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? We’re now laying the foundation to make our smoke-free vision a reality and we’re looking to recruit a Material Supply Lead. You will be employed in Hong Kong under Philip Morris Asia Limited (PMAL). PMAL operates as a subsidiary of Philip Morris International, Inc.
RISE TO THE CHALLENGE
As the Material Supply Lead you will represent the RRP (Reduces Risk Products) Hong Kong e-Hub Supply Chain.
• Represent the RRP HK E-Hub Supply Chain. Partner and collaborate with cross functional team (Product Services, NPI, Product Development, Supply Planning,Quality and Procurement ),T2 and EMS’s partner for developing and executing the right sizing of materials and capacity plans to enable prototype builds and production ramp plans. Effectively communicate Supply Chain risks and mitigation plans to ensure materials and capacity readiness for NPI builds as well as Supply continuity into production.
• Analyze Forecast change request vs Supply Chain Capacity (Material + Capacity) to identify Capacity and material constraint within planning horizon. Assess cost, EMS and T2 supplier's impact.
• Cordinate and manage material transiiton triggered by ECN, NPI and Quality issue. Work with related stakeholders to simulate inventories scenarios and assess cost impact. Propose best option for Project team to phase in engineering change and minimize inventory exposure to PMI.
• Create process and tools to monitor overall EMS' material planning performance. Work with EMS to create visibility for PMI for any T2 capacity cosntraint and propose alternative solutions to achieve OTIF (On Time In Full) KPI. Identify opportunities for continuous improvement on current process.
• Leverage experience and Engineering skills to solve problems, fill gaps and achieve objectives through a cross functional team.
• Work closely with EMS, T2, Supply Chain Analyst to manage E &O Governance, analysis and reporting
Essential Skills and competencies:
• Minimum 8-years of hand on experience with Manufacturing Program Management responsibilities including, Process engineering, Operation, EMS and vendor management.
• Business /Engineering Degree in some engineer related field or equivalent manufacturing experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical individuals
• Root cause analysis and follow up to corrective actions when a shortage of material impact New Products launch/production plan. Work with Suppliers, expedite and coordinate special deliveries when needed.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proven problem solving skills.
• Track record for managing complex projects with aggressive schedules and limited resources
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
• The ability to work to deadlines while maintaining accuracy and attention to details.
• Establish a solid relationship between internal stakeholders, EMS’s partner and T2 components suppliers by enforce the communication channel.
• Monitor and manage inventory levels by actively and proactively take decision that avoids the excess and obsolete material.
• Ability to travel up to 30%
• Experience in manufacturing, process engineering or product development, analytical, good communication skill
• Strong in Excel
• Analytical and good in management presentation
• Able to communicate with all levels in the organization.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
Philip Morris International (PMI) is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. PMI's smoke-free product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of March 31, 2019, PMI estimates that approximately 7.3 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 47 markets in key cities or nationwide. For more information, see our PMI (https://www.pmi.com/) and PMI Science (https://www.pmiscience.com/) websites.