Are you up for a challenge? Do you look for ways to grow in your job? And do you want to build a phenomenal career? Then apply now! We are currently looking for a:
With the following requirements:
• CFC diploma in chemistry or any equivalent field
• 2-5 years of experience in a similar role
• Proven ability to take appropriate action under limited supervision
• Action oriented, customer-focused, good listener, able to learn on the fly
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Fluency in French and knowledge of English
If you are also good with deadlines, teamwork and feedback from different partners and management, while operating in a changing environment, you are the one we want for our Pilot Labs team, in Philip Morris Products S.A., Science and Innovation, in Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
As a Sr Technician, you will be accountable for the production of lab-scale flavors for Reduced Risk Product (RRP) platforms and conventional cigarettes. You will also be responsible to run physical analyses on the flavor produced (Flash point, RI/SG, pH, boiling point). You should be able to apply problem-solving techniques and suggest improvements for methodologies, product systems, materials and/or equipment. In addition, you are expected to maintain and troubleshoot equipment, to handle the ingredient/flavor stock of the laboratory and to plan and follow the different requests of the flavorist.
Your specific responsibilities will be to:
• Plan and produce various flavors and E-liquids from requesters in the expected time frame, perform the analysis (flash point, pH, RI/SG, boiling point)
• Order flavor and ingredients to supplier, so as to maintain the stock up-date
• Apply scientific/technical principles & practices
• Collect, generate and review data. Actively apply knowledge management via data compilation, review and storage in line with Company (PDIMS), FDA or any other equivalent accreditation authority requirements
• Adhere to all EHS rules, policies and procedures
Why work for us?
1. We are international: you work with clients and learn on-the-job from team members from all over the world;
2. We are flexible: your work fits you and not the other way round, thanks to our Flexible work Arrangement Program;
3. We are a certified top employer: we consider our employees to be our strongest asset, and we are developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
And rest assured, as the first multinational company in Switzerland to obtain the Equal-Salary label, for men and women, our competitive salary and compensation package is for all our employees!
Join a global market leader
Philip Morris International: Building a Smoke-Free Future
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you wish to contribute to the future of our business and to the new scientific journey of the industry, please apply online.
As with many countries, Switzerland has immigration restrictions which will impact the possibility for non-nationals to work in the country. Profiles required for this position may not being specific enough to justify the recruitment of a person outside of Switzerland or countries having agreed upon free movement with Switzerland, please note that in this case a valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25 EFTA citizenship is required to apply for this position.