M&A Manager –Strategy and Program Delivery Team
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders.
Over 6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 43 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.
Transforming the industry also entails a major transformation in our business model and organization, increased complexity, new approaches and disciplines, and continuous new strategic questions to tackle. This creates a unique and dynamic environment for the management of the business, requiring intensive support from the Strategy function. This is an opportunity to be part of the one of the biggest transformations in the history of consumer products and join the drive towards a smoke-free future.
PMI Strategy Team
The Strategy team supports PMI management in developing, prioritizing and executing the most critical strategic initiatives in achieving PMI’s smoke free vision in a hands-on way. It does this by working with management to:
• Develop and continually refresh PMI’s corporate strategy and long range plans in a fast-changing market
• Drive M&A, business development and corporate ventures agenda from concept design to execution and negotiation
• Perform due diligence, research, analysis, and documentation of transactions
• Lead cross-functional initiatives to deliver key parts of transformation
Our Corporate Strategy team has an opportunity for an M&A Manager to join our team, based at our offices in Lausanne, Switzerland.
As M&A manager you will collaborate with our business leaders to create and deploy corporate M&A key initiatives across the organization from strategy to implementation. This highly visible position will give you the opportunity to be exposed to different leaders and stakeholders across the whole of the business. The scope of the role means that this is a tremendous growth and development opportunity for the right candidate.
Skills & experience:
• Outstanding strategic thinking, problem solving and analytics capability
• Low ego, highly collaborative and agile, adept at managing internal and external key stakeholders; able to drive change in the organization
• Complete autonomy to lead and run a deal from beginning to end
• Strong experience in executing complex M&A transactions including mergers, joint ventures, carve-outs as well as broadly defined partnerships (e.g., in/out licensing)
• Proven track record in leading strategic projects from conceptualization to delivery and results
• Strong financial modeling skills and knowledge of deal structuring
• Sector experience in consumer goods and one or more of pharma / life sciences, retail, consumer electronics, retail financial services, telecom and fashion
• Entrepreneurial, ownership and roll-up-your-sleeves mindset to get things done with a high degree of assertiveness
• International experience, cultural openness and command of English are essential with further language capabilities being a plus
• Minimum 3-4 years in top-tier investment banks, ideally 5-8 years total experience
• Bachelor's degree required; master’s degree or MBA is preferred
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Philip Morris International (PMI) is leading a transformation in the tobacco industry to create a smoke-free future and ultimately replace cigarettes with smoke-free products to the benefit of adults who would otherwise continue to smoke, society, the company and its shareholders. PMI is a leading international tobacco company engaged in the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, smoke-free products and associated electronic devices and accessories, and other nicotine-containing products in markets outside the U.S. PMI is building a future on a new category of smoke-free products that, while not risk-free, are a much better choice than continuing to smoke. Through multidisciplinary capabilities in product development, state-of-the-art facilities and scientific substantiation, PMI aims to ensure that its smoke-free products meet adult consumer preferences and rigorous regulatory requirements. PMI's smoke-free IQOS product portfolio includes heated tobacco and nicotine-containing vapor products. As of Dec. 31, 2018, PMI estimates that approximately 6.6 million adult smokers around the world have already stopped smoking and switched to PMI’s heated tobacco product, which is currently available for sale in 44 markets in key cities or nationwide under the IQOS brand. For more information, see our PMI and PMIScience websites.